Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Migrating an Existing WordPress.com Blog
If you would like to get started but don't have an account you can sign up for one at BlueHost.com.
This article can assist if the WordPress blog is hosted on wordpress.com. Just follow these steps to export and import the data.
- Login to the WordPress Dashboard.
- Click Tools.
- Click Export.
- Click Download Export File.
- Export your blog.
- Change the name servers to point to ns1.BlueHost.com & ns2.BlueHost.com.
- Wait 24-72 hours for DNS propagation time.
- Then import it using WordPress installed with bluehost tools.
- Login to the WordPress Dashboard at the new domain name.
- Click on Tools and then select Import.
- Scroll down the page to the bottom.
- Click the link that says Wordpress.
- Click Browse and open the file that was exported.
- Click Upload file and import.
- Create or select the author for all posts.
- Mark the checkbox for import file attachments.
- Click Submit.
*If your domain has a WordPress blog on it and it's not through wordpress.com, then you will need to:
The WordPress blog has now been imported.
If you would like to get started but don't have an account you can sign for one at BlueHost.com.
Recommended Help Content
How to install WordPress, using the MOJO marketplace
We provide a program which makes it very easy to install third party scripts to your hosting account. If you want your website to have a WordPress blog, you can use MOJO Marketplace to install WordPres (updated 190 days ago)
Login to WordPress with WordPress Tools
This article will explain how to login to a WordPress site using WordPress tools. (updated 71 days ago)
Logging in and Using WordPress: Installing Plugins
Install Plugins These steps will help you install and select a WordPress plugin for your blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select the Add New link from the Plugins menu. You can search for a plug (updated 197 days ago)
Related Help Content
How to log into WordPress.
This article will show you how to access your WordPress site. (updated 182 days ago)
How to install Wordpress
Learn how to use WordPress, WordPress started as just a blogging system, but has evolved to be used as full content management system and so much more through the thousands of plugins, widgets, and themes now available. (updated 167 days ago)
MySQL Export (.sql file) via PhpMyAdmin
How to export your database in phpMyAdmin.. (updated 998 days ago)
Using Your Temporary URL with Wordpress
Using WordPress with the Temporary URL (updated 197 days ago)
How to migrate a WordPress site
How to Migrate a self hosted copy of WordPress (updated 71 days ago)
MySQL Import and Export
I need to Export or Import a MySQL database (updated 769 days ago)
Tips and tricks to make your wordpress blog load faster (updated 532 days ago)
A WordPress Blog in 5 Minutes
Learn how easy it is to start your WordPress based site in 5 minutes. (updated 729 days ago)