Bluehost Web Hosting Help
How To Install WordPress - WordPress Installation Guide
If you would like to get started but don't have an account you can sign up for one at Bluehost.com.
We provide multiple options designed to make it very easy to install third party scripts to your hosting account. If you want your website to have a WordPress blog, you can use Marketplace or My Sites to install WordPress to the root of your site or to a subdirectory.
Installing WordPress with Marketplace (Legacy)
- Log in to your Bluehost cPanel account.
- Find the Website section and select Install WordPress.
- Click the Install button.
- Choose the domain name to install it to. In the field next to the domain, you can enter a subfolder such as 'blog' or leave it blank if you want the site's main page to be the blog.
- If necessary, you can edit the email address, username and password for the new WordPress installation. Click "advanced options" and you can change those settings.
- Read through the license and service agreements and check the boxes.
- Select the Install Now button.
Installing WordPress with My Sites (Bluerock)
- Log in to your Bluehost Hosting account.
- Open the My Sites tab from the side menu on the left.
- Click on the Create Site button.
- Enter the Site Name and Site Tagline.
- Click Next.
- Select the domain you wish to install to from the drop-down list.
- Choose the directory this should be installed to, and click Next.
If you would like to get started but don't have an account you can sign for one at Bluehost.com.
Recommended Help Content
Welcome to Bluehost WordPress Marketplace
The Bluehost Marketplace helps you browse, purchase, install, and manage WordPress themes, plugins, and add-ons directly from your Bluehost.com dashboard. Choose from over 900 premium WordPress themes, dozens of WooCommerce eCommerce plugins and add-ons, and even professional ser
How To Install A New WordPress Theme - Manual Theme Installation
Install Themes These steps will help you install and select a WordPress theme for your blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select the Add New Themes link in the Appearance Menu. You can search for
Logging in and Using WordPress: Installing Plugins
Install Plugins These steps will help you install and select a WordPress plugin for your blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select the Add New link from the Plugins menu. You can search for a plug
Related Help Content
Install WordPress using Marketplace
We provide a program which makes it very easy to install third party scripts to your hosting account. If you want your website to have a WordPress blog, you can use MOJO Marketplace to install WordPress.
Managing Themes and Plugins with WordPress Tools
This article will explain how to manage WordPress plugins and themes using WordPress Tools.
How To Disable Or Delete Plugins / Themes On A Disabled WordPress Site
This article explains how to deactivate, change or delete themes and plugins on a WordPress site without the dashboard.
WordPress Theme Installation
There are multiple different ways you can install a theme you have purchased for your WordPress site. This article will explain our two recommended methods for installation.
WordPress - What are Bluehost Certified Themes?
There’s a wide variety of themes available within the WordPress community, and we have taken extra steps to vet our themes for high quality.
WordPress - Getting Started with Themes
This guide will walk you through getting your WordPress theme set up so that you can quickly get to the fun part - customizing your site!
WordPress - Theme Demo Content
The first step in the process requires a WordPress theme, preferably one that includes a one-click demo import. Any of the Bluehost Certified Themes on Bluehost should come with this feature.
How to Update WordPress Plugins
A guide on how to update your WordPress plugins