Bluehost Web Hosting Help
How to install WordPress
If you would like to get started but don't have an account you can sign up for one at BlueHost.com.
We provide multiple options designed to make it very easy to install third party scripts to your hosting account. If you want your website to have a WordPress blog, you can use Marketplace or My Sites to install WordPress to the root of your site or to a subdirectory.
Installing WordPress with Marketplace (Legacy)
- Log in to your Bluehost cPanel account.
- Find the Website section and select Install WordPress.
- Click the Install button.
- Choose the domain name to install it to. In the field next to the domain, you can enter a subfolder such as 'blog' or leave it blank if you want the site's main page to be the blog.
- If necessary, you can edit the email address, username and password for the new WordPress installation. Click "advanced options" and you can change those settings.
- Read through the license and service agreements and check the boxes.
- Select the Install Now button.
Installing WordPress with My Sites (Bluerock)
- Log in to your Bluehost Hosting account.
- Open the My Sites tab from the side menu on the left.
- Click on the Create Site button.
- Enter the Site Name and Site Tagline.
- Click Next.
- Select the domain you wish to install to from the drop-down list.
- Choose the directory this should be installed to, and click Next.
If you would like to get started but don't have an account you can sign for one at BlueHost.com.
Recommended Help Content
Logging in and Using WordPress: Installing Plugins
Install Plugins These steps will help you install and select a WordPress plugin for your blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select the Add New link from the Plugins menu. You can search for a plug
WordPress - Install a new Theme
Install Themes These steps will help you install and select a WordPress theme for your blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select the Add New Themes link in the Appearance Menu. You can search for
Managing Themes and Plugins with WordPress Tools
This article will explain how to manage WordPress plugins and themes using WordPress Tools.
Related Help Content
Disable or Delete Plugins/Themes on a Disabled WordPress site.
This article explains how to deactivate, change or delete themes and plugins on a WordPress site without the dashboard.
Install WordPress using Marketplace
We provide a program which makes it very easy to install third party scripts to your hosting account. If you want your website to have a WordPress blog, you can use MOJO Marketplace to install WordPress.
How to Update WordPress Plugins
A guide on how to update your WordPress plugins
Migrating an Existing WordPress.com Site
If you have a WordPress blog hosted on WordPress.com, you can easily export it and import it to WordPress that is installed on your hosting account with bluehost. Login to the WordPress Data
My Sites: Manage WordPress Sites
Our updated 'Rock' user interface offers a fresh new look, along with several useful tools and helpful features. One such feature is the My Sites tab, where you can easily manage your websites.
WordPress Install Without Automatic Database Creation
This article explains how to install WordPress when Mojo is unable to create the database automatically.
Tips and tricks to make your WordPress blog load faster
Logging in and Using WordPress: Preventing Spam
Prevent Spam These steps will help you prevent users and robots from posting Spam on your WordPress blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select Settings in the navigation bar on the left. From the G