Bluehost Web Hosting Help
WordPress - Theme Demo Content
Caution: If you have existing website content, make sure to back up your current site prior to importing the new theme demo. The new demo content may overwrite or disrupt your current layout and content. If you are not happy with the new demo, the backup will allow you to revert back to your prior theme and site version.
The first option is easy and will work if your theme offers this functionality. Note that the process can differ on theme purchase but generally follows similar guidelines. We’ll use the Highend Multipurpose WordPress theme for this demo because it features one-click demo imports from the theme dashboard.
- Within the WordPress Dashboard, find and click on the Highend tab (in the left-side menu).
- Select Import Demos.
- Browse available demos and click Import Demo on the one you want to import.
- Import and install the required plugins suggested by the theme. You may also need to activate the plugins depending on the theme.
- Import all suggested demo content. If you are an advanced user you may wish to customize what content is imported.
- Wait for demo content to install as this may take some time. Please note: If the import process times out, please retry.
- If the import has successfully installed you may close the import window to return to the WordPress dashboard.
- Click the home link in the WordPress dashboard to preview your website and verify demo content was successfully installed. (Note: If you have chosen a theme with multiple demos you can change your selection by going through the demo import process again.)
- To start editing your site content and theme settings you will want to use the options in the WordPress menus located to the left.
Then, as simple as that, you’ll have the full demo design installed on your website, ready for you to customize and replace the content with your own.
Note: The theme you have chosen may not include a one-click demo import feature. No big deal! There is an option to manually import demo content.
Recommended Help Content
WordPress - What are Bluehost Certified Themes?
There’s a wide variety of themes available within the WordPress community, and we have taken extra steps to vet our themes for high quality.
Welcome to Bluehost WordPress Marketplace
The Bluehost Marketplace helps you browse, purchase, install, and manage WordPress themes, plugins, and add-ons directly from your Bluehost.com dashboard. Choose from over 900 premium WordPress themes, dozens of WooCommerce eCommerce plugins and add-ons, and even professional ser
How To Install A New WordPress Theme - Manual Theme Installation
Install Themes These steps will help you install and select a WordPress theme for your blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select the Add New Themes link in the Appearance Menu. You can search for
Related Help Content
WordPress - Getting Started with Themes
This guide will walk you through getting your WordPress theme set up so that you can quickly get to the fun part - customizing your site!
WordPress Theme Installation
There are multiple different ways you can install a theme you have purchased for your WordPress site. This article will explain our two recommended methods for installation.
Installing phpBB using Marketplace
To install a phpBB forum using MOJO Marketplace, log into the cPanel and scroll down to the Software/Services category. Click on the MOJO Marketplace icon. Click on the phpBB icon. Click the Install Now bu
9 Things to Keep in Mind When Choosing a WordPress Theme
Whether you’re starting from scratch or updating an existing website, choosing the right theme will make it easier to create a professional-looking site and achieve your online goals.
Switching a WordPress Theme
A WordPress theme has enormous influence over your site's appearance and maintenance. This article will explain how to change the theme for your WordPress site.
Install WordPress using Marketplace
We provide a program which makes it very easy to install third party scripts to your hosting account. If you want your website to have a WordPress blog, you can use MOJO Marketplace to install WordPress.
WordPress - What are Premium Themes?
A free theme can be a good fit if your goal is to simply run a blog. Consider a premium theme if you plan to have more functionality and/or flair, such as an eCommerce site.
WordPress Install Without Automatic Database Creation
This article explains how to install WordPress when Mojo is unable to create the database automatically.