Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Email Application Setup - Windows Phone 8
This article will show you how to setup email on your Windows Phone 8 powered device.
New Account Information
- Open Settings
- Tap email + accounts
- Choose add an account
- Choose advanced setup
- Enter your Email address and Password
- Tap Next.
- Choose Internet email
- Enter an Account Name, this is how the account will be identified later.
- Enter Your name, as you would like it to appear in your emails.
- Enter mail.example.com as the Incoming email server
- Choose POP3 or IMAP4 as the Account Type.
- Enter your full email address as the User name
- Enter mail.example.com as the Outgoing (SMTP) email server
- Tap Advanced Settings
- Ensure that Outgoing server requires authentication is checked.
- It is highly recommended but not required to use an SSL connection for email. If you'd like to use SSL for your connection to the server, check the boxes marked Require SSL for incoming email and Require SSL for outgoing email. These settings enable an SSL email certificate to encrypt the connection between your email client and the mail server.
- Click Sign In to save your settings
- If you used SSL to connect, you will see a warning that says "Attention Required" next to the email account you just set up. Tap the email account to continue.
- If your email application is set up using SSL and you're using your domain name as the mail server (such as mail.example.com), your Windows Phone expects the SSL certificate to contain your domain name, when it contains the name of the Bluehost server (such as box123.Bluehost.com) instead. Because of this mismatch, you will receive a message warning you that the name on the Bluehost server's certificate doesn't match your domain name. This is normal. Just tap Continue to continue.
Incoming Mail Server
Note: IMAP is the preferred protocol as it will not download and store your emails on your Windows 8 device.
Outgoing Mail Server
That's it! Enjoy using email on your Windows Phone.
Recommended Help Content
Email Application Setup - Outlook 2016 for Windows
How to setup an email account in Outlook 2016 for Windows
Email Application Setup - Windows 10 Mail
This article will explain how to setup an email account in the Windows 10 mail application.
Email Application Setup - Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail combines the ease of use of Outlook Express, with the speed of Windows Live. This tutorial will show you how to setup your email account in Windows Live Mail.
Related Help Content
Email Application Setup
How to setup your Bluehost-hosted email address with an email application.
Office 365: Setting up Email on Mobile Devices
This article will explain how to set up Office 365 email addresses on mobile devices for both Android and Apple.
Email Application Setup - Outlook 2016 for Mac
How to setup an email account in Outlook 2016 for Mac
Email Application Setup - Mozilla Thunderbird
This guide will show step-by-step instructions for setting up E-mail on Mozilla Thunderbird for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Due to differences in the operating systems, some screens and steps might
How to setup e-mail in Eudora Pro
How to Configure Eudora Pro to Access Email?
Email Application Setup - Android 4 4 KitKat or earlier
How to set up an email account on a legacy Android-based device.
Email Application Setup - Android Devices
How to set up an email account on an Android-based device.
Email Application Setup - Outlook Express
Configuring your email client: Outlook Express.