Bluehost Web Hosting Help
You've got an email account, but how do you access it online? Through webmail, of course! Webmail is all online, so there's nothing to set up. Just log in and get started! We'll show you how.
Ways to Log In
Webmail is all online, so there's nothing for you to set up. Just log in using one of the methods below:
Option 1: Direct
- In your browser, go to bluehost.com/webmail.
- Type your email address and password, then click Login.
Option 2: Control PanelYou can also log in using a custom subdomain that redirects to your webmail URL.
- Log in to your control panel at my.bluehost.com.
- From the menu options, click Hosting > Email .
- Scroll down to your email address and click View Inbox.
- On the next page, enter your email address password and click Login.
Option 3: Custom Subdomain (Advanced)
You can also log in using a custom subdomain that redirects to your webmail URL.
- Log in to your webmail using one of the options listed above.
- Select a webmail client to access your mail. You can read more about our webmail clients in the next section.
- Copy the complete URL from your address bar.
- Go back to your control panel and click Domains > Subdomains from the main menu.
- Under Create a Subdomain, type a name for your new subdomain, such as "myemail".
Warning: Do NOT use "mail" as your subdomain since it's already in use and will result in conflicts.
- Select your domain from the drop-down menu, then click Create.
- From the main menu, go to Domains > Redirect.
- Under Add Redirect, select your new subdomain from the drop-down menu.
- Paste your webmail URL into the Redirects To field.
- Save by clicking the Add This Redirect button.
Choose a Webmail Client
If you've already chosen a default webmail application, you'll be logged right in. But if you haven't selected one yet, now's your chance. We offer three options for webmail that are built into your account, and each individual email user can choose which webmail client they want to use: Roundcube, Horde, or SquirrelMail.
- Roundcube. As our most popular webmail client, it has the look and feel you’d expect from an email application, but is available inside a browser. You can import and use an address book and use IMAP folders with drag-and-drop organization. When composing emails, you can set up preset responses to save time, and write with spell check in a rich text html composer.
- Horde. It's more than just a webmail client—it’s a collection of simple online apps for collaboration including webmail, calendar, notes, and tasks. These extra features do have some limits, however. For example, the collaborative features only work inside Horde; so to share a calendar entry or a note, the person you're sharing it with would also need to use Horde.
- SquirrelMail. Perfect simplicity. While it lacks many of the features offered by Roundcube and Horde, SquirrelMail offers a simple, user-friendly interface with more customization possibilities than our other the webmail options.
Click the Read Mail Using link under the client of your choice to log in. Or, if you already know which client you want to use by default, click Enable AutoLoad.
You can also set or change your default webmail client from your control panel by following these steps:
- From your control panel, click Hosting > Email in the main menu.
- Looking at the menu to the left, you should be on the Email Accounts page. If not, go there now.
- Scroll down to your email address and select the drop-down menu under Webmail Client.
- Choose Roundcube, Horde, or SquirrelMail as your default client.
- Click View Inbox to log in.
Recommended Help Content
Webmail and Email Applications
So, you want to access your email, eh? You're going to need an email client for that. But what is an email client? Email clients come in two varieties: webmail and email applications.
Resetting the Password for an Email Account
Instructions for restting your Email Account's Password through cPanel or Webmail
Email Account Setup
Learn how to create an email account associated with your domain name
Related Help Content
How do I Access My Account Control Panel?
Access your Email in Gmail
Learn how to check your email accounts from within Gmail. This tutorial will show you how to setup a POP account in GMail.
Accessing your Spam Folder
General Instructions on how to use the spam folder with webmail
Email not sending from Client or Webmail
Trying to send out emails from multiple email accounts fail from both webmail and third party email clients. Possible Reasons: The maximum emails per hour has been exceeded. This can be caused by forw
How to set Email Signatures in Webmail
Instructions for setting up email signatures in webmail
Email Application Setup
How to setup your Bluehost-hosted email address with an email application.
Office 365: Setting up Email for Desktop
This article will explain how to access Outlook from your browser or directly from your desktop.
How to install RoundCube Webmail on your website.