Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Access Awstats without logging into cPanel
- Download Awstats: http://awstats.sourceforge.net
- Extract the contents of the file to your computer.
- Use an FTP client to upload the contents of the /cgi-bin and /icon folders into the root of your domain (both are located in the "wwwroot" folder).
- Change the permissions of the awredir.pl and awstats.pl files to 755 (in the /cgi-bin directory).
- Download the Awstats configuration file created by cPanel: /tmp/awstats/awstats.yourdomain.com.conf.
- Open this file with a text editor, search for the "DirIcons" line, and change it to show: DirIcons="/icon/".
- Upload the modified file to the /cgi-bin folder.
- You may now access your statistics at http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/awstats.pl?config=yourdomain.com
Bluehost Suggests creating a subdomain such as stats.yourdomain.com and redirecting it to the above URL to make it easy to access, its also possible to alter the directory name where the icons are loaded, but make sure the folder path is defined properly in the .conf file or the icons will not work properly.
Recommended Help Content
How do I Access My Account Control Panel?
Log in to Your Control Panel
This article will explain how to log in to your Account Control Panel
How to Login to a WordPress Site
This article will explain how to login to a website created with WordPress.
Related Help Content
VPS or Dedicated Hosting - Manage Login SSL Certificates
How to manage the SSL used for cPanel login through the WHM
Add Update Button to AwStats
How to enable the function to manually update AwStats
Importing AWStats from a Previous Host
How can I import awstats from my previous host?
To view your stats, scroll down to the Logs section of the cPanel Here are different programs that can be used to view your stats. We most recommend awstats When you select your stats program, you ma
MySQL Database Access Outside of cPanel
How do I grant permissions to cPanel for my MySQL database administrator without giving them the domain password?
Where to Log In to Your Reseller Account
Explanation as to where a reseller and their customers will login to access their sites
Accessing your account is as easy as entering your domain name and password on the login screen, or clicking one of our Single Sign-On options.
Login to WordPress with WordPress Tools
This article will explain how to login to a WordPress site using WordPress tools.