Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Joomla Session Save Path Unwriteable Error
- Log in to your Bluehost cPanel account.
- In the cPanel under Files select the File Manager icon.
- Find the public_html file and then php.ini and then right click.
- Select Code Edit.
- Around line 824 is something which looks like ;session.save_path = /tmp
- Remove the semicolon ';' in the front so it looks like this: session.save_path = /tmp
- Make the path go to the temp folder on your account session.save_path = /home/username/tmp where username is your cPanel username listed inside of cPanel.
- Save the Changes
- Place a copy of the modified php.ini file into the "administrator" or other appropriate folder
- Inside cPanel, select the PHP Config icon, enable PHP 5 (FastCGI) and Save Changes
Knowledgebase Article 106,550 views bookmarksharetags: message path problem save sessionShare or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
How to Obtain Additional Support for Joomla
A list of locations where you can find support for joomla outside of Bluehost
Reset Joomla Password
How do I reset my Joomla password?
Path to Ruby
What is the path to Ruby?
Related Help Content
Install WordPress using Marketplace
We provide a program which makes it very easy to install third party scripts to your hosting account. If you want your website to have a WordPress blog, you can use MOJO Marketplace to install WordPres
WordPress Install Without Automatic Database Creation
This article explains how to install WordPress when Mojo is unable to create the database automatically.
500 Internal Server Error Help
Website shows a server 500 error, what can I do to fix it?
Manually editing your error pages
How to customize your html or php error pages.
WordPress - Install a new Theme
Install Themes These steps will help you install and select a WordPress theme for your blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select the Add New Themes link in the Appearance Menu. You can search for
Understanding Email Error Messages
Look for the error message that most closely matches the one you received.
Installing phpBB using Marketplace
To install a phpBB forum using MOJO Marketplace, log into the cPanel and scroll down to the Software/Services category. Click on the MOJO Marketplace icon. Click on the phpBB icon. Click the Install Now bu
Logging in and Using WordPress: Installing Plugins
Install Plugins These steps will help you install and select a WordPress plugin for your blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select the Add New link from the Plugins menu. You can search for a plug