Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Email Application Setup - Windows 10 Mail
This article will explain how to setup an email account in the Windows 10 mail application.
- Type "Mail" into the search bar next to the start menu.
- Click the "Mail" icon that appears in the search results.
The mail application should open on your screen.
Add a New Account
There are two ways to add an email account in Mail. If mail hasn't been setup before, you will get a Welcome window inviting you to setup an email account. If mail has been setup already, you will have to access the mail settings and create a new account. The following are instructions for both scenarios:
If Mail Hasn't Been Setup
- Click "Get Started".
- Click "Add account".
If Mail Has Been Setup
- Click the Settings icon in the bottom left.
- On the right side of the mail window, the settings pane will open. Click on "Accounts".
- Click "add Account".
- On the new account screen, choose Advanced Setup.
- Choose Internet email
- On the next screen, enter the following settings:
- Account Name: Anything you would like to name this account.
- Your Name: The name that people will see when you send them an email from this account.
- Incoming Mail Server: mail.example.com Note: Replace example.com with your domain.
- Account Type: Choose IMAP4 (recommended) or POP3
- User Name: Enter the email address for the account you are setting up.
- Password: The password for the email account you are setting up.
- Outgoing: mail.example.com Note: Replace example.com with your domain.
- Leave the checkboxes for "Outgoing server requires authentication", "Use the same user name and password for sending mail", "Require SSL for incoming email", "Require SSL for outgoing email" checked.
- Click the "Sign In" button.
- On the "Setup Successful" message click the "Done" button.
- If you receive an "Untrusted certificate" message, click the continue button.
Your email account should now be added to Windows 10 mail.
Recommended Help Content
Email Application Setup - Outlook 2016 for Windows
How to setup an email account in Outlook 2016 for Windows
Email Application Setup - Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail combines the ease of use of Outlook Express, with the speed of Windows Live. This tutorial will show you how to setup your email account in Windows Live Mail.
Email Application Setup
How to setup your Bluehost-hosted email address with an email application.
Related Help Content
Email Account Setup
This article explains the steps to set up an email account on your domain.
Email Application Setup - Outlook 2016 for Mac
How to setup an email account in Outlook 2016 for Mac
Email Application Setup - Windows Phone 8
How to setup email on the Windows Phone
Email Application Setup - Mozilla Thunderbird
This guide will show step-by-step instructions for setting up E-mail on Mozilla Thunderbird for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Due to differences in the operating systems, some screens and steps might
How to setup e-mail in Eudora Pro
How to Configure Eudora Pro to Access Email?
Email Application Setup - Outlook 2013 for Windows
How to setup an email account using Microsoft Outlook 2013
Email Application Setup - Outlook 2007 for Windows
How to setup an email account using Microsoft Outlook 2007
Email Application Setup - Outlook
How to setup an email account in Outlook