Bluehost Web Hosting Help
VPS or Dedicated - How To Restore Backups
This article will explain how to restore a backup on a VPS or Dedicated server.
Click on any of the sections to jump to that point in the guide.
What You Need
- The password for the root user so that you can login to WHM.
- The username of the account on the server that you want to restore.
- An idea of the date you want to restore to.
Login to the WHM
You will need to be able to login to WHM on your server. This requires knowing the root password for your server. If you don't know the root password or haven't set one up please see https://my.BlueHost.com/hosting/help/whm-login#root-password.
- Login to the WHM by going to yourdomain.com/whm in a browser. Replace yourdomain.com with your domain name.
- Once you get to the login page enter your username and password.
- Username will be root.
- Password will be the root password for your server. If you don't know the root password or haven't set one up please see https://my.BlueHost.com/hosting/help/whm-login#root-password.
- You may see a page titled "Feature Showcase". If so click on Exit to WHM at the bottom of the page.
Access Backup Tools
- Type "Backup" into the search box.
- In the results click "Legacy Restore Backups"
Choose The Backup
- Click the backup you would like to use. In most cases you will have a daily and a weekly backup to restore.
- Select the user account you would like to restore.
- Click the Start Restore button.
After you click start you will be shown a page that will say processing. After the backup is finished you will be shown another page that will show the backup is complete.
Recommended Help Content
Enable Non Legacy Backup on Dedicated or VPS Servers
This article will explain how to configure your dedicated or VPS server to use the new (non legacy) backup system.
Backup or Restore WordPress Using WordPress Tools
This article will explain how to use WordPress Tools to backup or restore your WordPress site
Unable To Open Backup on Dedicated or VPS
How to fix inaccessible backups on Dedicated or VPS servers due to backup size.
Related Help Content
Managing Backups with Site Backup Pro
ow to manage your backups using Site Backup and Restore
Bluehost Account Backup Policy
What is the Bluehost backup policy? What kinds of backups are available?
Automatic Backup Frequency
How often do you backup my site? When do automated backups take place?
Check Backup Dates Using SSH on Dedi/VPS
This article will explain how to check the dates of your backups using SSH.
Backup and Restore with Site Backup Pro
How to restore individual files or folders with the Site Backup & Restore tool
Restore MySQL databases using the Site Backup & Restore tool
How to restore MySQL databases using the Site Backup & Restore tool
Backup Restore from previous host to Bluehost
How do I restore my old hosting provider backup onto Bluehost?
Backup all MySQL databases using the Site Backup & Restore tool
How to backup all of your MySQL databases using the Site Backup & Restore tool