Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Upgrade CPU and Memory on CloudSites
This article explains how to add CPU and memory upgrades to a CloudSites account.
Reasons To Upgrade
Adding resources such as more CPU and Memory can make your server able to handle more traffic to your website. If you are expecting a large increase of traffic or your website is slow, it may be time to upgrade.
Accessing the Upgrade Options
- Login to your account at https://my.BlueHost.com.
- At the top of your screen, click on the addons tab
- Click the add resources link.
Selecting and Purchasing Upgrades
Purchasing CPU and Memory upgrades does not cause any downtime. There is no need to migrate your data to another server. Once you make the purchase the additional resources are automatically added to your account.
- On the add resources page, scroll down to Add Server Resources and move the sliders for CPU and memory to the amounts you would like to add.
- Click the add to cart button to proceed to the Shopping Cart.
- Review the items to be purchased, remove anything you do not intend to purchase or renew.
- Enter your payment information. If using the card on file, type the CVV2 code for that card. If using a new card, add the payment information.
- Click the process order button to complete your order.
Once the order has finished processing, the resources will automatically be installed on your account. A receipt will be available by going to the account tab and clicking on the payments submenu.
Recommended Help Content
CPU Performance Issues
What is CPU Protection
Wordpress Fatal error: Allowed memory size exhausted
Available PHP Memory Exhausted.
Weebly Upgrade FAQ
A list of frequently asked questions about the upgrade to the newest version of Weebly
Related Help Content
Upgrading or Downgrading Features on a resold account
How to upgrade or downgrade a resold acccount
Reseller - Add a package
How to create a package on your Reseller account.
When you call in for help with your account, the account must be validated before our support staff can assist.
How to create an FTP Account
How to use use the FTP Account tool to create additional FTP Accounts. This is useful for granting FTP access to your account without giving anyone your cPanel password.
Cloud Sites is the ultimate shared web hosting solution.
Email Account Setup
Learn how to create an email account associated with your domain name
Optimizing MySQL: Queries and Indexes Article 3 of 4
Optimizing MySQL: Queries and Indexes Article 3 of 4 Courtesy of: Ian Gilfillan Ordering by surname is a common requirement, so it would make sense to create an index on surname. But in this example o
How to Increase the PHP Memory Limit
How to install the php.ini file and then increase the PHP Memory limit.