Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Log Locations On Dedicated/VPS
There are two main locations where logs are kept on Dedicated and VPS servers. The /usr/local/cpanel/logs directory and the /var/log/ directory. Here is a list of the logs common to each directory.
- access_log: cPanel access log for both cPanel and WHM
- error_log: cPanel error log
- license_log: cPanel license log
- login_log: cPanel user login log
- melange.log: cPanel chat server log
- melange_msg.log: cPanel chat server message log
- stats_log: cPanel web stats log
- messages: Contains global system messages like mail, cron, daemon, kern, auth, etc.
- bandwidth: cPanel total bandwidth logs for the entire server
- chkservd.log: chkservd service log
- clamav: clamav log directory
- cpupdate.log: cPanel update log
- exim_mainlog: Exim email transaction log
- exim_paniclog: Exim error log
- exim_rejectlog: Exim rejected email log
- maillog: Transaction and login log for all mail services
- pgsql: PostgreSQL log file
cPanel keeps the domain weblogs in the /usr/local/cpanel/domlogs directory for each domain name that is hosted on the server. This includes FTP transfer logs for each account.
Recommended Help Content
Access Mail Logs on Dedicated or VPS Servers
This article will explain how to view the email logs on a Dedicated or VPS server. This may be usefull if you are experiencing trouble with your email.
Intro to FTP
There are many ways that you can transfer files and folder to and from your hosting account. We highly recommend using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program to quickly upload and download files. We
Common Application Configuration File Locations
An extensive list of the location of the configuration files of the most common web applications
Related Help Content
Error Code 500 on Dedicated and VPS Servers
This article will explain some common causes for 500 errors on Dedicated or V.P.S servers.
Raw Access Logs
What are Raw Access Logs and how do I view them?
Antivirus on Dedicated or VPS servers
If you suspect malicious content, hacks or a virus on your VPS/Dedicated account here are some tools located in your WHM that you can use.
Accessing the Mail Folder in the Control Panel
This article will explain where email is stored in your system directory.
Managing Users on a VPS or Dedicated Server
This article will explain how to create and manage users on Dedicated or VPS servers.
Stopping Display of All files on Web page
How to Stop A Directory Index From Being Shown
Clearing the Mail Queue on VPS and Dedicated Servers
This article will explain how to clear the outbound mail queue on a dedicated or VPS server.
What are the Error Logs?