Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Setup Sitelock FTP
This article explains how to setup a SiteLock FTP account. You must first create an FTP account for SiteLock to use. Then give SiteLock the settings for the FTP Account.
Creating an FTP Account
These steps will explain how to create the FTP account for SiteLock.
- Under the hosting tab, click the FTP link.
On the FTP Manager fill out the form to create a new FTP account.
- Login: This will be the login used by SiteLock, please note it always includes @yourdomain.com at the end of the username.
- Password: This will be the password used by SiteLock.
- Directory: This will be the directory of the website you have setup for SiteLock. If it is your main site you can use public_html. If it is an addon domain you need to use the directory path to the addon domain.
- Quota: You can leave this set to unlimited for SiteLock.
- After the Form is filled out click the Create FTP Account button.
Connecting SiteLock to the FTP Account
To connect SiteLock to the FTP account you need to go to your SiteLock dashboard and enter the FTP settings.
- Click the Addons tab at the top.
- Click on SiteLock
- On the SiteLock page click on View SiteLock Dashboard
- In the SiteLock Dashboard click on the Settings link on the left.
- Click on Download Settings.
Enter the information for your FTP Account:
- Method for File Transfers: FTP
- FTP host address: ftp.yourdomain.com Example: If your domain was example.com you would use ftp.example.com.
- (S)FTP Port Number: 21
- Root Directory: Leave this empty.
- User ID: The FTP username you created including the @domain.com ending.
- Password: The password for the FTP account you created.
- Select a speed for FTP file downloads: Leave this at the default.
- Maximum Download Time: 90
- Click Submit.
Recommended Help Content
Email Account Setup
This article explains the steps to set up an email account on your domain.
How to create an FTP Account
How to use use the FTP Account tool to create additional FTP Accounts. This is useful for granting FTP access to your account without giving anyone your cPanel password.
FTP Setup on Dreamweaver CC 2014
This article explains how to publish your site through FTP on Dreamweaver 2014
Related Help Content
FTP Setup Using Filezilla
I would like to use FileZilla how do I go about the setting it up and connecting to my site?
Welcome to SiteLock - An Introduction to Your SiteLock Account
This article is an introduction to SiteLock
SiteLock - Verifying Domain and Account Information
This article will explain the process of verifying a domain and account information for a SiteLock account.
This article will explain how and when to contact SiteLock for support.
SiteLock - Security for Small Business
This article will explain the benefits of SiteLock for small businesses.
What to do When SiteLock Finds a Vulnerability
This article will explain what to do when SiteLock finds a vulnerability.
How to Order SiteLock
This article will explain how to order SiteLock
SiteLock Trust Seal
This article will explain how to install the SiteLock Trust Seal.