Bluehost Web Hosting Help
WordPress: Adding a Link
This article will show you how to create a link in your posts or pages on your WordPress site. Often, you may need to link to an external source or want to share another page with your viewers. Here's how.
- Open the post or page you want to edit so that you have the text editor open. Type the word or phrase that you want to use for the link. Select the words that you want to represent the actual link.
- With that selected, click the Link icon in your toolbar.
- A window will appear where you can enter your link. Enter the URL and Title of the link you are creating. You can also choose whether you want the link to open in a new window or tab. It is also an option to link to other pages or posts on your site.
- Once you have entered the information for your link, click Add Link.
- Make sure to update your page or post, then you can view the article and test out your link.
Recommended Help Content
Logging in and Using WordPress: Installing Plugins
Install Plugins These steps will help you install and select a WordPress plugin for your blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select the Add New link from the Plugins menu. You can search for a plug
WordPress - Install a new Theme
Install Themes These steps will help you install and select a WordPress theme for your blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select the Add New Themes link in the Appearance Menu. You can search for
Migrating an Existing WordPress com Site
If you have a WordPress blog hosted on wordpress.com, you can easily export it and import it to WordPress that is installed on your hosting account with bluehost. Login to the WordPress D
Related Help Content
Change WordPress URL's With WordPress Tools
This article will explain how to change the Site URL or Home URL setting in WordPress. This may be useful if you have moved your WordPress site or are planning to move your WordPress site.
Login to WordPress with WordPress Tools
This article will explain how to login to a WordPress site using WordPress tools.
How to install WordPress
Learn how to use WordPress, WordPress started as just a blogging system, but has evolved to be used as full content management system and so much more through the thousands of plugins, widgets, and themes now available.
WordPress Creating Editing Removing posts
How to use the Posts feature of the WordPress Dashboard
How to Login to a WordPress Site
This article will explain how to login to a website created with WordPress.
Managing Themes and Plugins with WordPress Tools
This article will explain how to manage WordPress plugins and themes using Wordpress Tools.
Core Files Warning In WordPress Tools
This article will explain why you see "Your WordPress site appears to be infected with malware. Please update to remedy this problem."
Logging in and Using WordPress: Preventing Spam
Prevent Spam These steps will help you prevent users and robots from posting Spam on your WordPress blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select Settings in the navigation bar on the left. From the G