Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Steps to Renew Your Domain
All domains kept on the default auto-renew setting will attempt renewal 15 days prior to expiration. Regardless of the renewal setting, you can manually renew your domain at any time through the Domain Manager in your Bluehost Control Panel.
Steps To Renew
Domain prices vary by extension. A complete price list of all top-level domains that can be registered through Bluehost can be found here: Domain Pricing
- Log into your Bluehost account.
- Select the domains tab from the top of the account.
- On the left side is a list of the domains in the account. Check the box for the domain you wish to renew.
- Some options will appear to the right of the domain list. Select the Renew Now option and then click Save Changes to be taken to your Shopping Cart.
- Review the items in your Shopping Cart and remove any items you do not want to renew or purchase by clicking the grey X to the right of the Subtotal. Note: Domain Privacy will automatically be added to the cart if it is enabled for the domain.
- To process the payment, enter the CVV2 code if you are using the credit card on file for your purchase. If you wish to use another payment method, please select the Change Payment Method link and follow the directions on-screen.
- Click Process Order at the bottom of the screen to complete your purchase.
A cart-receipt email will be sent to the email address on file for the account once the payment has processed successfully, and a complete receipt will be in the Billing History. Click HERE for steps to view your receipts.
Manually renewed domain registrations cannot be canceled for any reason. Since manually renewing a domain requires someone to log into the account and process the payment, all manual renewals are assumed to be intentional and the funds are immediately sent to the registrar to permanently extend the expiration date. In contrast, domain registrations that are automatically renewed by BRAND can be reversed prior to the start of the new term because the funds are not sent to the registrar until the previous term expires.
Recommended Help Content
Domain Registration Renewal
This article explains what happens after a domain expires and how domain registration can be renewed.
Registration Transfer Step 2/4
I am trying to transfer a domain(s) from my current registrar to bluehost. When I fill out the transfer form I cannot get beyond step 2/4. There does not seem to be any "submit" or "next"
A step-by-step guide to renewing your hosting account.
Related Help Content
About Domain Names
You need two things to have a successful website and professional email: a domain registration and a hosting account.
Transfer Your Domain to us
Maintaining your domain registration and hosting services within the same account allows you to manage both services with only one login password, making it easier for you to stay on top of everything related to your website. This article explains the process to transfer your domain to [% provinfo.n
How to Change your Name Servers
Transfer Domain Registration: When a domain registration is transferred to us, we must register the domain name for a minimum of one (1) year. We only accept registrations for the .com, .net, .org, .
Unassign a Domain
This article will explain how to un-assign a domain name from your account.
How to Setup Multiple Domains Pointing to the Same Directory
Can I have multiple domains pointing to my site or to a directory on my site?
Getting Started with Your New Account
A step by step guide to using your new Bluehost hosting account.
Transfer Your Domain to Another Registrar
This article explains how to prepare your domain to be transferred from Bluehost to a new registrar. You'll initiate the transfer itself with the gaining registrar, but there are a few things you can do to ensure the process goes smoothly.
Email Application Setup - Mozilla Thunderbird
This guide will show step-by-step instructions for setting up E-mail on Mozilla Thunderbird for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Due to differences in the operating systems, some screens and steps might