Bluehost Web Hosting Help
How Do I Update My Contact Email Address If I Forgot My Password
Proving ownership of your hosting account will allow us to update your contact email address.
Updating Your Contact Email Address By Ticket
To update your contact email address by ticket, please email all of the following information to billing@BlueHost.com:
- The primary domain on your hosting account.
- Your new contact email address.
- A government-issued photo ID that matches the name on the credit card or PayPal account. Business cards, company badges, school ID cards, or other forms of ID will not be accepted.
- Proof of Original payment:
- If you originally purchased your account using a credit card, please send a copy of the credit card used for the purchase. If you no longer have that credit card, a copy of a credit card statement that clearly shows the purchase will be accepted.
- If you originally purchased your account using PayPal, please send a copy of the PayPal receipt showing the purchase.
For security purposes, please block out the first 12 numbers on the credit card and personal information on you ID (i.e. date of birth, height, weight, ID number etc).
If you do not have access to an email account, please fax the above information to (801)-765-1992 Attn: Billing Department.
Updating Your Contact Email Address By Phone
To update your contact email address by phone, you must:
- Be the person who's name is on file.
- Be calling from a phone number we have on file.
- Verify the contact email address we currently have on file.
- Verify one of the following:
- The last four characters of your Control Panel password.
- If you paid with your credit card, the last 4 numbers of the credit card used for the most recent hosting payment.
- If you paid with PayPal, the full 7 or 8 digit PayPal invoice number for the most recent hosting payment.
- The full PIN number on your account.
For security purposes, we will not confirm the name we have listed on file.
Recommended Help Content
How to Update Your Contact Email Address
A step-by-step guide to update the email address we have on file. (updated 463 days ago)
Resetting the Password for an Email Account
Instructions for restting your Email Account's Password through cPanel or Webmail (updated 823 days ago)
Changing the Password for a Resold Account
How to change the password for a Resold account. (updated 158 days ago)
Related Help Content
Hiding email address from harvester bots, spiders, etc.
I am having problems with being spammed. I believe that my email address has been harvested (taken off my site and sold to spammers). Can I hide my email address, but still have people email me? (updated 1011 days ago)
Failed sending email from phpBB2
The most common cause is that you are either sending to or sending from an invalid email address. You will want to create a new email address, and change your profile to use a different Email address. (updated 2034 days ago)
Spam and bulk email policy
What is your Spam and bulk email policy? (updated 1413 days ago)
How to Create a New Email Account
To setup an email address for your domain name is easily accomplished within the control panel (cPanel). Mail section where Email icon is located Navigate to the Mail section inside cPanel. Click the (updated 55 days ago)
How to Update Whois Domain Contact info
How to update Whois Domain Contact email (updated 1515 days ago)
Managing Your Email Accounts
Learn how to create an email account associated with your domain name (updated 587 days ago)
Change Email Account Settings without cPanel Access
How does a person change the Password, create an Autoresponder and setup Email Filtering on their individual email account without logging into the main account control panel? (updated 341 days ago)
Force a password change for a Resold account
How to force a resold account's owner to update their password (updated 158 days ago)