Bluehost Web Hosting Help
File Manager - Copying and Moving Files
This article is part of our File Manager tutorial series. Please see the links below if you are looking for a different explanation of the File Manager.
- Accessing the File Manager
- Navigating the File Manager
- Uploading Files
- Creating, Removing, and Editing Files
- Copying and Moving Files
- Compressing Files into an Archive (GZip)
- Extracting Files from an Archive
Copy or Move Files
- Login to cPanel and click File Manager.
- Choose to open Web Root and Show hidden files.
- Locate and select the files or folders you want to copy or move (Hold control to select multiple items or hold shift to select a group of items).
- With the appropriate files and folders selected, click the Copy icon or Move icon from the top menu. Alternatively, you can right-click on the selected files and folders and click on Copy or Move from the drop down menu, as pictured below.
- A popup box will appear confirming the final destination for your files. The default destination path for the copied or moved files to go will be the current folder you are in. Replace this with the appropriate destination path for the files to go.
Recommended Help Content
File Manager - Extracting Files from an Archive
This article will walk you through extracting compressed files using the File Manager.
File Manager - Creating Removing and Editing Files
This article will walk you through creating, removing, and editing files with the file manager.
Navigating the File Manager
This article will walk you through navigating the File Manager.
Related Help Content
Accessing the File Manager
This article will give a basic overview of the File Manager and explain how to access it.
File Manager - Uploading Files
This article will walk you through uploading files using the File Manager
Intro to FTP
There are many ways that you can transfer files and folder to and from your hosting account. We highly recommend using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program to quickly upload and download files. We
File Manager - Compressing Files into an Archive GZip
This article will explain how to utilize GZip through the file manager.
IP Deny Manager Tool
This article will explain how to utilize the IP Deny Manager tool in cPanel.
Process Manager Overview
What is the Process Manager? How do I use the Process Manager? Why can I get to my cPanel but homepage does not display?
Setting file and user permissions
Short tutorial on how to set file and user Permissions in cPanel.
Edit Website Files via the File Manager
I am trying to edit my web page and I have no idea how to? I need to know how to go into the site and fix it. My webpage has a error in the first paragraph. I don't know how to fix it? Can you help?