Bluehost Web Hosting Help
How to manually upload a website created with MS Publisher
Note: If you haven't already tried the intended publishing method built into MS Publisher, Please Click Here and try that method first.
Here is alternative method to prepare and publish a website built in Microsoft Publisher:
- Create an empty folder on your desktop as a clean location for the files you are about to upload.
- Open the website you created in Microsoft Publisher.
- Open the homepage from the pages you created if you have created more than one page.
- Go to the file menu and select "Save as".
- Browse to the folder you created on your desktop.
- Set the "save as" type to "webpage" (make sure you do not select "single file web page" as that will not work.
- Set the file name to be "index.htm"
- Click Save.
- Check the new folder you had created to see if there is a file named index.htm and a folder named index_files. If you do not see these two files or they are named differently you will need to delete the folder and start over at step one.
Once you have reached this step and have the correct files you are ready to upload them. Please refer to the FTP Tutorials for more information regarding the uploading of your files to your account. Please note that you need to upload the index.htm and index_files folder to your public_html folder for your website to be visible from the Internet.
If you have any problems, publish to your desktop using the publish to the web option and then save it locally on your desktop. Then use a client such as Filezilla to upload the entire web site.
Recommended Help Content
Publisher 2007 Upload Instructions
How do I publish my website using Microsoft Publisher 2007
Publish Using MS Publisher
How do I publish my Web site using Publisher?
FTP - Uploading the website
How do I upload my web site?
Related Help Content
Moving website contents to Bluehost
I need to transfer my website from my old host to Bluehost, but I do not know how to do it without losing files or mail.
Office 365: Tips and Tricks
How can I learn about the productivity tools included with my Office 365 plan?
This Article discusses alternative options to Microsoft Front Page.
How to publish your site using FTP in FrontPage
These steps will help you setup FrontPage® to be compatible with different web browsers and to be able to publish using FTP, so that you don't have to rely on the FrontPage® extensions. Select Tool
FTP Setup and Publish with Web Easy Pro
What are the publish settings for Web Easy Professional ?
How to create an FTP Account
How to use use the FTP Account tool to create additional FTP Accounts. This is useful for granting FTP access to your account without giving anyone your cPanel password.
Office 365: DNS
To use Office 365 through Bluehost, your domain will need to use specific DNS settings. This article will explain the name server requirements for Microsoft email.
My Website Is Slow
The website is taking a long time to load. It just seems slower today than normal.