Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Redirecting Web Page
Navigate to the Redirects page
- Login to your Bluehost cPanel account.
- Click the Domains tab, near the top of the page.
- Click the redirect sub-tab.
301 or 302 Redirect
From the add redirect menu, you will need to choose which type of redirect to use.
- Permanent 301: A 301 redirect will update the visitors bookmarks and direct search engines to the new site.
- Temporary 302: A 302 redirect will redirect the visitor or search engine, but will not update the bookmark and the search engine will continue to index to the original page.
Url to Redirect
- Choose your domain name you would like to redirect, using the drop-down menu.
- If you would like to redirect a single page or directory; you can use the text field following the drop-down menu to enter the name of the folder or file.
Enter the full URL of the page you will be redirecting to in the "redirects to ->" text field.
Note: You need to enter the protocol as well, e.g. http://, https:// or ftp://
WWW Redirect options
Select if you will be redirecting www. or not.
- "Only redirect with www."This option will only redirect visitors that use www. as part of the URL
- "Redirect with or without www."This option will redirect all visitors.
- "Do Not Redirect www."This option will not redirect visitors that use www. as part of the URL
Wild Card Redirect
- Click the "Wild Card Redirect' if you would like to redirect to the same file on the new destination.
Example: www.example.com redirects to www.example-destination.com
- With "Wild Card Redirect": www.example.com/about.html will redirect to www.example-destination.com/about.html
- Without "Wild Card Redirect": www.example.com/about.html will redirect to www.example-destination.com
- Click the "Add" button to create the redirect.
Recommended Help Content
How To Redirect A Website - How To Setup A 301 Or 302 Redirect
How do I create a redirect?
How To Code a PHP Redirect - PHP Header Redirect
How do I redirect users to another page using PHP?
Redirects that do not work due to PHP variables
The redirection of www.yourdomain.com/default.html or index.html to http://www.yourdomain.com/index.php?act=whatever redirects it to http://www.yourdomain.com/index.php%3fact=whatever In other words,
Related Help Content
PHP pages do not display
If suddenly when you go to your page, you get nothing on the page. You can still get HTML to display, just not PHP. To serve HTML pages to browsers, we don't associate the Apache processes with your 2
Enable site statistics for my website
I would like to view the statistics for my website.
Protect Specific Pages With SSL
This article will show a way to protect specific pages of your website with SSL. This may have benefits for SEO and can be used on pages that contain forms, shopping carts or any other page where users might enter sensitive information.
How To Host Primary Domain From A Subfolder htaccess
How do I make a sub directory (or sub folder) act as the public_html for your main domain?
How To Redirect Rewrite Using The htaccess File - www to non-www
How do I perform a URL redirect/rewrite using the .htaccess file?
Domain Dispute Policy
As the registrar, we will assist in the following domain dispute, providing the specific criteria is met. The domain has been moved without the domain owner's consent by means of the password or EPP c
Accessing Web Disk and WebDav
This article will explain how to access and use the Web Disk and cPanel as well as explain variations for different operating systems.
Cron Job Basics
Learn how the Cron Job tool can help you automate the scripts on your web site.