Bluehost Web Hosting Help
How to Setup Outlook 2013
This guide will show step-by-step instructions for setting up email on Outlook 2013 for Windows. While it can be used for other versions of Outlook, some screens and steps might vary.
Adding a new account:
- Select the File menu and choose Info
- Click the Add Account button.
- Choose Manual setup or additional server types
- Click Next.
- Choose POP or IMAP .
- Click Next.
- Enter your Name as you want it to appear on your outbound email messages.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter mail.example.com as your Incoming Mail Server.
You would not enter example.com but your own domain name.
- The Outgoing Mail Server is the same as your Incoming Mail Server.
- Enter your email address for the User Name.
- Enter your email password.
- Click the More Settings button.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Click the "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" checkbox.
- Make sure that it is using the same settings as your incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- If you are using POP3 with SSL, please enter 995 for your port. Otherwise leave the port at 110.
- If you are using POP3, you may choose when messages are removed from the server.
- If you are using IMAP with SSL, please enter 993 for your port. Otherwise leave the port at 143.
- If you are using SMTP with SSL, please enter 465 for your port. Otherwise change the port to 26.
- Click the OK button.
Completing the Setup
- Click Next on the E-mail Accounts window.
- Click the Finish button.
Outlook 2013 is now correctly configured to send and receive emails.
Recommended Help Content
Email Setup with Outlook Express
Configuring your email client: Outlook Express. (updated 588 days ago)
How to Setup Outlook 2010
How to setup an email account using Microsoft Outlook 2010 (updated 438 days ago)
How to Setup Outlook 2007
How to setup an email account using Microsoft Outlook 2007 (updated 616 days ago)
Related Help Content
Email Setup with Outlook 2003
Configuring your email client: Outlook 2003 (updated 616 days ago)
I cannot send email from Outlook 2003, receive is working.
You can try sending the email on port 26, which is an alternate SMTP port and see if that works for you. For outlook: (updated 729 days ago)
How to subscribe to IMAP folders in different email clients
All of my email folders are missing. How can I get them to show up? (updated 1624 days ago)
Email Setup with Outlook 2002
How do I add my Bluehost email account to Outlook 2002? (updated 1197 days ago)
Disabling Microsoft Outlook Third Party Plugins
Microsoft Outlook supports third party plugins (aka add-ins) to allow for such things as email virus scanning. Such plugins can cause problems, such as causing Outlook to time-out when trying to retri (updated 2054 days ago)
How to setup an email account using Microsoft Outlook 2011 (updated 617 days ago)
POP vs. IMAP
There are many third-party E-mail programs that can be used to connect to your E-mail accounts from remote computers. The most common E-mail programs, called Clients, are Outlook, Mac Mail, and Mozil (updated 258 days ago)
Email Setup with Outlook Express 6.0
How do I add my Bluehost email account to Outlook Express 6.0? (updated 1197 days ago)