Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Email Setup with Outlook 2003
This guide will show step-by-step instructions for setting up email on Outlook 2003 for Windows. While it can be used for other versions of Outlook, some screens and steps might vary.
- Select the Tools menu.
- Select Accounts.
- Choose "Add a new email account".
- Click the Next button.
- Please choose your account type. You may select either POP or IMAP. Click here for an explanation on the differences between POP3 and IMAP.
- Click the Next button. This will load the email Accounts window.
- Enter your Name, as you want it to appear on your outbound email messages.
- Type your Email Address.
- Enter your email address as the User Name.
- Enter your email Password.
- Enter mail.example.com as the Mail Server.
- The Outgoing Mail Server is the same as your incoming mail server. Again, this will be something like mail.example.com.
- Click the More Settings button.
Once you have clicked the More Settings button you will be presented with a pop-up window with the advanced settings.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Click the "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" checkbox.
- Make sure that it is using the same settings as your incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- If you are using POP3 with SSL, please click the checkbox and select 995 for your port. Otherwise leave the port at 110.
- If you are using IMAP with SSL, please click the checkbox and select 993 for your port. Otherwise leave the port at 143.
- If you are using SMTP with SSL, please click the checkbox and select 465 for your port. Otherwise change the port to 26.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Next button on the Email Accounts window.
- Click the Finish button.
You should now be able to send and receive email.
Recommended Help Content
Email Setup with Outlook Express
Configuring your email client: Outlook Express. (updated 662 days ago)
I cannot send email from Outlook 2003, receive is working.
You can try sending the email on port 26, which is an alternate SMTP port and see if that works for you. For outlook: (updated 803 days ago)
How to Setup Outlook 2013
How to setup an email account using Microsoft Outlook 2013 (updated 690 days ago)
Related Help Content
How to Setup Outlook 2010
How to setup an email account using Microsoft Outlook 2010 (updated 511 days ago)
How to Setup Outlook 2007
How to setup an email account using Microsoft Outlook 2007 (updated 690 days ago)
Email Setup with Outlook 2002
How do I add my Bluehost email account to Outlook 2002? (updated 1271 days ago)
POP vs. IMAP
There are many third-party E-mail programs that can be used to connect to your E-mail accounts from remote computers. The most common E-mail programs, called Clients, are Outlook, Mac Mail, and Mozil (updated 332 days ago)
Email Setup with Thunderbird
Configuring your email client: Thunderbird (Mozilla) (updated 966 days ago)
How to subscribe to IMAP folders in different email clients
All of my email folders are missing. How can I get them to show up? (updated 1698 days ago)
Email Setup with Outlook 2000
How do I configure email accounts in Outlook 2000? (updated 2125 days ago)
Outlook IMAP timeout errors
How do I avoid Outlook IMAP timeout errors? (updated 2127 days ago)