Bluehost Web Hosting Help
How to Add Websites with Maestro
Currently, your Maestro dashboard only allows you to house sites you host on Bluehost.
It’s likely that for each site you currently manage on Bluehost, you either created a separate hosting account yourself, or your clients purchased the hosting and shared their account credentials with you.
To safeguard the security of each account holder on Bluehost, we require that you be authorized to access a WordPress site through your Maestro account. Read on to understand how this works.
How to Add WebsitesFirst - add a client
You can only add a WordPress site under an existing client on your dashboard. Learn how you can add a client here.
Add a WordPress site under the client
Once you have added your client, you can add sites under this client in two ways -
- From the dashboard directly - Click on +Add WP Site against that client
- From the client’s details view - Click on the client name on the dashboard to go their details view. Here, you can click on +Add WP Site
Get securely authorized to access and manage this site
Once you enter the site’s URL, a unique link will be generated.
Share this link with your Bluehost client for approval, so that you may get access to their WordPress site’s WP Admin.
For security reasons, this link will live for 72 hours. On accessing this link, your client will be required to log in to their Bluehost hosting account where they will see a request made by you. To help them identify you, your name and registered email of your Maestro account will be shown to them. Here, they can either approve or reject your request.
This is what they will see upon successful login, and if the site belongs to their Bluehost account:
If your client does not accept your request in 72 hours, you can always re-generate the link from your Maestro account.
How to Manage Websites
When you add WordPress sites to your Maestro account, you need to get authorized by the site owner on Bluehost.
To get authorized, you need to send a secure link to the site owner. Learn how you can get authorized (Please add link to the ‘How to add site’ KB article here)
From the time you generate the link and get approved, you will notice these statuses against each site:
- Approval Pending: This is the default status you see as soon as you add a website under a client. This means that the action is now pending on the client to accept or reject your request. To get their approval, you need to send them the secure link that is generated and is valid for 72 hours.
- Approved: You will see this status when a client logs into their Bluehost account to approve your request. They can do this by accessing the secure link you send them. Once approved, you will be able to securely log in to the site’s WP Admin in a single click.
- Rejected: The site will display this status when the client rejects your request to manage their WordPress site.
- Revoked: If a client revokes your access after having granted it previously, you will see this status against that site. If you see this status, you will no longer be able to log in to the site’s WP Admin.
- Secure Link Expired: Any link generated is valid only for 72 hours. If you generate a secure link, and the client takes no action within 72 hours of generation, you will see this status. The old link will no longer work. To get access to the site, please generate another link by following the same steps.
Regenerate a Secure Link for your Site
In order to gain access to the WP Admin of a WordPress site on Bluehost, you need to be authorized by the owner of that site. To do this, a secure link is provided to you when you add a site URL in your Maestro dashboard.
This link lives only for 72 hours, and if the site owner (i.e. the Bluehost hosting account holder) does not take any action to approve or reject your request within this time, this link will expire.
In the event this happens, you can always regenerate another unique link for this site.
In your Maestro account, navigate to the client under who you have added this site. You will be able to see the status Secure Link expired against that site. To regenerate the link, simply click on Regenerate Link.
You will be presented with a fresh link that you can send to your client on Bluehost for authorization.
Recommended Help Content
WordPress Access with Maestro
You will be given a WordPress Administrator role once the site owner accepts your request. This article explains what level of access you will be provided once verified.
What is Maestro
Managing multiple clients and sites can be tricky - luckily, Maestro will streamline this process by allowing you to manage usernames, passwords, themes, plugins, patches, and updates from a single dashboard.
How to Add and Manage Clients with Maestro
You can add your clients to your Maestro dashboard to manage all of your clients and their websites from one dashboard. This article explains how to add, remove, and make changes to clients in your dashboard.
Related Help Content
How to Log in to your Maestro Account
You can access your Maestro account by logging in directly or from within your account with us, once signed in. This article explains how to utilize both options.
How to Manage your Maestro Profile
You can view and edit your own Maestro profile information from the Maestro dashboard. This article will show you where and how to do so, should you ever need to change anything.
My Sites: Manage WordPress Sites
Our updated 'Rock' user interface offers a fresh new look, along with several useful tools and helpful features. One such feature is the My Sites tab, where you can easily manage your websites.
How To Disable Or Delete Plugins / Themes On A Disabled WordPress Site
This article explains how to deactivate, change or delete themes and plugins on a WordPress site without the dashboard.
Logging in and Using WordPress: Installing Plugins
Install Plugins These steps will help you install and select a WordPress plugin for your blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select the Add New link from the Plugins menu. You can search for a plug
How To Install A New WordPress Theme - Manual Theme Installation
Install Themes These steps will help you install and select a WordPress theme for your blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select the Add New Themes link in the Appearance Menu. You can search for
Managing Themes and Plugins with WordPress Tools
This article will explain how to manage WordPress plugins and themes using WordPress Tools.
How To Login To WordPress Site - WP Admin Access
This article will explain how to login to a website created with WordPress.