Bluehost Web Hosting Help
How To Setup FTP Using Filezilla
Among the various free FTP programs available to download on the internet for Mac OS X, Windows, or Linux, Bluehost recommends Filezilla. It can be downloaded free of charge from http://www.filezilla-project.org.
What You Need
- A Bluehost hosting account
- Filezilla installed and running on your computer
- Your cpanel username and password or an FTP username and password
- A domain that points to your Bluehost hosting account, or your servers IP address.
The Site Manager
To create a connection in FileZilla you will need to use the site manager.
- Click file and open the site manager
- Click the new site button
- Enter a name for the new site
Enter the following settings
- Host: Your Domain Name or server IP address.
- Port: 21
- Protocol: FTP - File Transfer Protocol
- Encryption: Use plain FTP
- Logon Type: Ask for Password
- User: Your cpanel username or the username of an FTP account
- Click the transfer settings tab. Then select Limit number or simultaneous connections and set the limit to 8
- Click the connect button
- You will be prompted for your password; enter it, and click OK.
Once you click connect it should connect to the server and allow you to download and upload files.
After setting up the site in the site manager you can simply open the site manager and click the connect button. You will not have to enter your settings again.
Recommended Help Content
FTP Setup Using Dreamweaver 8
How do I setup Dreamweaver 8 for FTP?
Among the various free FTP programs available to download on the internet for Mac OSX, Windows, or Linux, we recommend Filezilla. It can be downloaded free of charge from http://www.filezilla-project
Intro to FTP
There are many ways that you can transfer files and folder to and from your hosting account. We highly recommend using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program to quickly upload and download files. We
Related Help Content
FTP Client Recommendations
I want to be able to provide an FTP link to my site that does not use Unlimited FTP or Anonymous FTP.
FTP - Uploading the website
How do I upload my web site?
How to Configure CuteFTP
This article will instruct you on configuring a connection using the FTP client, CuteFTP.
Office 365: Verify Third-Party Domains
To use Office 365 through Bluehost, your domain will need to use specific DNS settings. This article will explain the name server requirements for Microsoft email.
How To Setup Email Account - Client Setup SSL/TLS Settings - POP & IMAP
How to setup your Bluehost-hosted email address with an email application.
How To Setup Dreamweaver CS5
Connecting and uploading via FTP with Dreamweaver CS5
Email Application Setup - Outlook Express
Configuring your email client: Outlook Express.
Email Application Setup - Outlook 2016 for Windows
How to setup an email account in Outlook 2016 for Windows