Bluehost Web Hosting Help
File Manager Overview - Accessing the File Manager
File Manager is a quick and easy way to navigate through your files. It also has an array of features that can help you to manage your files, such as uploading, creating, removing, editing, copying, moving, compressing, or extracting your files.
This article is part of our File Manager tutorial series. Please see the links below if you are looking for a specific explanation of the File Manager.
- Accessing the File Manager
- Navigating the File Manager
- Uploading Files
- Creating, Removing, and Edtiting Files
- Copying and Moving Files
- Compressing Files into an Archive (GZip)
- Extracting Files from an Archive
Accessing the File Manager
- Log into your cPanel.
- Locate the File Manager icon under the "Files" category.
- A dialouge box will appear. In the pop-up, select Web Root (public_html/www) and check the box next to Show Hidden Files (dotfiles). (this will place you in the folder for your web content and show you all the files and folders present).
- The File Manager will now load in a new window and show your files. Double click on a folder to open it, and click Up One Level to go back a folder. For more information on getting around the File Manager, please see our Navigating the File Manager article.
Recommended Help Content
Navigating the File Manager
This article will walk you through navigating the File Manager. (updated 758 days ago)
File Manager - Extracting Files from an Archive
This article will walk you through extracting compressed files using the File Manager. (updated 745 days ago)
File Manager - Copying and Moving Files
This article will walk you through copying and moving files using the File Manager. (updated 759 days ago)
Related Help Content
File Manager - Creating, Removing, and Editing Files
This article will walk you through creating, removing, and editing files with the file manager. (updated 760 days ago)
Accessing Web Disk and WebDav
This article will explain how to access and use the Web Disk and cPanel as well as explain variations for different operating systems. (updated 747 days ago)
How do I Access My Account Control Panel? (updated 1051 days ago)
File Manager - Uploading Files
This article will walk you through uploading files using the File Manager (updated 752 days ago)
Process Manager Overview
What is the Process Manager? How do I use the Process Manager? Why can I get to my cPanel but homepage does not display? (updated 1935 days ago)
File Manager - Compressing Files into an Archive (GZip)
This article will explain how to utilize GZip through the file manager. (updated 745 days ago)
How to Log In to the Control Panel
This article will explain how to log in to your Account Control Panel (updated 779 days ago)
How many files are on my account?
Learn how to see how many files you have on your account using the File Count tool in the cPanel. (updated 506 days ago)