Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Email Account Setup
One of the many benefits of owning a domain name and hosting account is that you can create custom, professionally branded email addresses. This article explains the steps to set up an email account on your domain.
Create an Email Account
First, follow the steps below to access your Email Manager:
- Log into your bluehost account.
- Click the Hosting menu at the top of the page.
- Click Email in the submenu.
Using the links to the left, you can create and manage your email accounts and other settings, such as email forwarders, autoresponders, spam filters, and more.
Next, follow the steps below to set up a new email account:
- The Email Accounts section should already be highlighted, but if it isn’t, click on it now.
- Click Create an Email Account.
- Enter the new email address prefix (before the @ symbol), and then select the domain you want to use from the drop-down menu. Email addresses can contain periods or dots as well. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create a password within the guidelines listed on the page, or click Generate Password and our system will generate one for you.
- Next, select your preferred default webmail client from the drop-down menu. If you’re not sure which one you want to use, select “I want to choose later.”
- Under Mailbox Storage, set the storage limit for this mailbox. If you aren't sure of the user's needs, you may want to select the default limit of 250 MB now and make any necessary adjustments later. Once a user reaches their quota, any incoming mail will bounce back to the sender, so it’s important to set a reasonable limit.
- Finally, click Create.
Hooray! You’ve successfully created an email account.
Recommended Help Content
Email Client Setup: Mozilla Thunderbird
This guide will show step-by-step instructions for setting up E-mail on Mozilla Thunderbird for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Due to differences in the operating systems, some screens and steps might
Email Client Setup: Outlook 2016 for Windows
How to setup an email account in Outlook 2016 for Windows
Email Client Setup: Outlook 2016 for Mac
How to setup an email account in Outlook 2016 for Mac
Related Help Content
Managing Your Email Accounts
Learn how to create an email account associated with your domain name
FTP Setup Using Dreamweaver 8
How do I setup Dreamweaver 8 for FTP?
Email Client Setup: Outlook 2002
How do I add my Bluehost email account to Outlook 2002?
Setup Sitelock FTP
This article explains how to setup a SiteLock FTP account.
Transfer Domain to Bluehost
Maintaining your domain registration and hosting services within the same account allows you to manage both services with only one login password, making it easier for you to stay on top of everything related to your website. This article explains the process to transfer your domain to [% provinfo.n
Email Client Setup: Windows 10 Mail
This article will explain how to setup an email account in the Windows 10 mail application.
Enable site statistics for my website
I would like to view the statistics for my website.
Account Level Email Filtering
Account level Filters.