Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Publishing with DreamWeaver CS5
The steps for connecting Adobe Dreamweaver CS5, CS5.5 and CS6 are the same. This article will walk you through how to setup your site.
- Open Dreamweaver CS5. Click Site and choose New Site.
- For site name, enter a phrase that describes your site.
- Click Servers from the left hand side.
- Click the + button to add a server.
- Enter a server name.
- Connect using FTP Then enter your FTP Host which is your domain name (example: mysite.com) or the IP address of your server.
- Host or Root Directory should be public_html if this is your main site with us.
- Enter your login name and password. The login name will be the character username you received in your sign up confirmation email, if you do not know it please log into the cPanel from www.BlueHost.com and go into FTP accounts, it is the 8 character one, the password is the same password you set up when you created your account.
- Click more options.
- Click use passive FTP.
- Save this information and connect to your account.
To continue troubleshooting, proceed to the section, "Verify login credentials."" If you were unable to log in to your FTP server please check your firewall and make the needed changes in order to allow ftp traffic. (Port 20 and 21)
To check your ports Bluehost has provided this tool at this Link.
Note: Bluehost does support SFTP.
Recommended Help Content
Publishing with DreamWeaver CS3
Learn how to publish the website you have created with Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 (updated 1522 days ago)
Publishing with DreamWeaver CS4
Learn how to publish the website you have created with Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 (updated 1522 days ago)
Publishing with Adobe Lightroom
How to publish your photo gallery created with Adobe Lightroom (updated 1523 days ago)
Related Help Content
Publishing Web Sites Designed with BlueVoda
I created a website using BlueVoda and now I want help publishing it. (updated 1966 days ago)
Publishing with MS Publisher 2010
How to publish your website created with Microsoft Publisher 2010 (updated 1523 days ago)
How can I connect and upload via NVU?
Publish with NVU site builder (updated 1966 days ago)
Publish your Site using 3rd Party Programs
Dreamweaver, WordPress Direct, Excite, XSite publishing (updated 803 days ago)
FTP Setup using Adobe GoLive
How do I connect and upload via FTP with Adobe GoLive? (updated 1999 days ago)
FrontPage Publishing to Addon Domain
How do I Publish to my Addon Domains? (updated 180 days ago)
FTP Setup using Dreamweaver MX
How do I connect and upload via FTP with Dreamweaver MX? (updated 1998 days ago)
Publishing with iWeb 09
How to publish a site created in iWeb 09 (updated 1020 days ago)