Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Antivirus on Dedicated or VPS servers
If you suspect malicious content, hacks or a virus on your VPS/Dedicated account here are some tools located in your WHM that you can use.
You will need to be able to login to your WHM, if you haven't done that before please see How to login in to WHM
- Login to the WHM by going to yourdomain.com/whm.
- If this is your first time logging into the WHM you may see a page titled "Feature Showcase". Click on Exit to WHM at the bottom of the page.
- In the top left search bar type "Manage Plugins", then click on the
Manage Plugins link.
- Under ClamAV click on "Install and keep updated" then scroll down and press save to start the install. This can take some time depending on how much CPU you have to spare.
- Once the install is done perform another search for "Configure ClamAV Scanner". Go to the configuration page and make sure all boxes are checked.
- Go to the Feature Manager.
- Edit the feature list to show "Virus Scanner".
- Now you are ready to start the scan. From the cPanel, in the advanced group of icons, you should see an icon now called "Virus Scanner". Click on it.
- Choose what you would like to scan. Keep in mind that "Scan Entire Home Directory" Would scan the entire Cpanel account however will use the most CPU and might result in slowness.
Using systems like cloudflare can help block hackers before they can access your site as well.
Most of the vulnerabilities a hacker uses to gain access to your home directory or public_html folder are often located in your website scripts. Making sure scripts are up to date as well as any plugins and mods can be very helpful in keeping security tight on your system.
Recommended Help Content
VPS or Dedicated Hosting - Install ClamAV
How to install ClamAV to help with virus protection.
Error Code 500 on Dedicated and VPS Servers
This article will explain some common causes for 500 errors on Dedicated or V.P.S servers.
VPS or Dedicated Hosting - Reseller Account Transfers
To help with transferring of accounts from other servers to your account.
Related Help Content
Managing Users on a VPS or Dedicated Server
This article will explain how to create and manage users on Dedicated or VPS servers.
Unable To Open Backup on Dedicated or VPS
How to fix inaccessible backups on Dedicated or VPS servers due to backup size.
Enable Non Legacy Backup on Dedicated or VPS Servers
This article will explain how to configure your dedicated or VPS server to use the new (non legacy) backup system.
Restarting Mail Services on Dedicated or VPS Servers
This article will explain how to restart the email related services on a Dedicated or VPS server. This may be useful if you are experiencing trouble with your email.
Clearing the Mail Queue on VPS and Dedicated Servers
This article will explain how to clear the outbound mail queue on a dedicated or VPS server.
Access Mail Logs on Dedicated or VPS Servers
This article will explain how to view the email logs on a Dedicated or VPS server. This may be usefull if you are experiencing trouble with your email.
VPS or Dedicated Hosting - Using Multiple cPanel Accounts To Set Custom Nameservers
How to setup name servers for multiple cPanel accounts.
Manage Ports On Dedicated Or VPS Servers
This article explains how to manager your ports through IPTables.