Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Create an Auto Responder
Autoresponder returns a predefined message to anyone who writes to an email address of your choice.
To create an autoresponder:
- Log in to cPanel.
- Click on the Auto-responders icon.
- Click on Add Auto-Responder.
- In the drop down menu to the right of Character set, please provide a character set you wish the email to be set in.
- In the Interval box, specify the number of hours you wish for the autoresponder to wait between responses to the same email address. (In other words, how long it waits to reply with a second auto-response to the same sender. This way if the same person emails you multiple times, they don't instantly get multiple auto-replies.)
- In the box next to “Email:” Type the beginning part of the email address you wish to have an auto responder for.
- In the drop down menu to the right of the “@” sign, select the domain for which the email is associated with.
- In the box to the right of “From:”, provide the name that the autoresponder will be from. You can enter "%from%" to see the sender's name, or "%email%" to see the senders email address.
- In the box to the right of "Subject", provide the subject which you would like the autoresponder to contain. If you enter "%subject%", it will be a reply with the same subject as the user wrote in their email.
- You may select the check box to the right of HTML Message if you would like the body of the email to contain HTML. If you leave it blank, HTML tags will show up as plain text in the auto response.
- In the big text area underneath “Body:” Provide the body of the message you wish to be sent in the autoresponder.
- Click Create / Modify
You have now just set up an auto responder. If someone sends an email to the email address you specified, an E-Mail will be automatically sent back to them with the info you have provided.
Autoresponders will begin to work immediately after their creation. You are unable to disable and save autoresponders for future use. To remove an autoresponder or disable it, you must delete it. Once an autoresponder is deleted, it will no longer function.
When setting up autoresponder in webmail, it has a drop down for character set. Be sure to choose utf-8.
Recommended Help Content
Email Auto Responder
What is an Auto Responder? How do I Create Auto Responders? (updated 1006 days ago)
Email Auto Responder Setup
How do I create an E-mail Autoresponder? (updated 1207 days ago)
How to Create a New Email Account
To setup an email address for your domain name is easily accomplished within the control panel (cPanel). Mail section where Email icon is located Navigate to the Mail section inside cPanel. Click the (updated 54 days ago)
Related Help Content
Change Email Account Settings without cPanel Access
How does a person change the Password, create an Autoresponder and setup Email Filtering on their individual email account without logging into the main account control panel? (updated 339 days ago)
Email Is Not Reaching To All I Send
I send an email to one person and then do a carbon copy (Cc) to multiple other people. Not everyone is receiving the email, even when I try using blind carbon copy (Bcc). (updated 656 days ago)
Hiding email address from harvester bots, spiders, etc.
I am having problems with being spammed. I believe that my email address has been harvested (taken off my site and sold to spammers). Can I hide my email address, but still have people email me? (updated 1009 days ago)
How to access your e-mail with Yahoo! Mail
Learn how to check your email accounts from within Yahoo! Mail. This tutorial will show you how to setup a POP account in Yahoo! Mail. (updated 551 days ago)
Using autoresponder to form submissions on website
I want to collect my visitor's name/email from a page within my site and store that info for use in an autoresponder. (updated 656 days ago)
Formmail will not send from the submitted email address
Formmail from Matt's Script Archive will not send from an email address other than my main Bluehost account. (updated 1700 days ago)
503 Error - No longer able to send email and no changes were made
"503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA" (updated 1011 days ago)
. Click the RoundCube logo. This takes you to the main interface screen for RoundCube where your Inbox will be displayed. On the left are your email folders, by default, RoundCube will always show you (updated 1222 days ago)