Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Unable to Assign Domain via Domain Manager
I tried to assign a domain through the Domain Manager, but it does not allow me to. What is wrong?
There are a handful of possible reasons you cannot add or assign a domain to your account through the Domain Manager. Let's go through the causes and see which one applies to your situation.
The number one reason a domain cannot be added is that it fails to verify ownership. The following are the security steps. (This will seem redundant from the instructions from your account).
- Have you changed the NameServers (NS) or created an A record for the domain you are attempting to assign? If you have changed the NS or A Record, it is possible enough time has not been allowed for DNS propagation. Please give it at least thirty minutes.
- If you chose to create the page to verify ownership and it's still not verifying, it's possible that our system is blocked from querying that page.
- It's also possible that the “text” you are supposed to enter is not correct. It is case sensitive. For example, 0e259158 is different from 0E259158.
- If you chose to send a verification code to the email address and it didn't come through, there is a high possibility that your email service provider is greylisting the email because they think it's spam. There are two ways to resolve this. Change the Admin and Registrant email in the whois or contact us to have a support agent resend the email.
- If you received an error message that informs you the domain is associated with another account you will need to remove it from the other account. (You will need to contact the account holder). If you recently purchased the domain, either from a new purchase or an auction, and you cannot get the domain removed from their account, you will need to contact support. You will also be asked to provide proof that you own the domain. It can take 3 days or longer to resolve due to legal protocols.
If you have not yet changed the NS record, please change it to point to:
- Primary NameServer: ns1.BlueHost.com
- Secondary NameServer: ns2.BlueHost.com
Allow up to 24-48 hours for DNS propagation.
Recommended Help Content
Parked Domains vs. Addon Domains
What is the difference between parked domains and addon domains? (updated 1106 days ago)
Newly Parked Domain is Not Functioning
I have already parked the domain, but it does not seem to be functioning, what is wrong? (updated 93 days ago)
Assigning an Addon or Parked domain
How do I setup an addon domain or parked domain in my hosting account? (updated 325 days ago)
Related Help Content
Un-assign a domain name
How do I unassign or remove a domain from my account? (updated 691 days ago)
Assigning a Parked Domain
How do I setup parked domain? (updated 1109 days ago)
Parked Domain Definition
What are parked domains? (updated 1109 days ago)
Creating Sub Domains on an Add-on Domain
Can I make subdomains for my addon domains on the account? (updated 1106 days ago)
Email Account Setup for Addon/Parked Domains
Can I setup an email account for Addon or Parked domains? (updated 1109 days ago)
Where to Upload Files for an Addon Domain
I have setup a pointed/addon domain, where should I upload the files for this domain? (updated 1109 days ago)
Restrict Access to Addon Domains through the Main Domain
I do not want to see addon.maindomain.com. How do I do that? (updated 1099 days ago)
Restrict subdomain access to addon domains
How do I stop people from being able to use the addon domain as a subdomain of the primary domain? (updated 1108 days ago)