Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Assigning a Parked Domain
Parked domains are basically an alias domain name to your primary domain, it will be pointing to the same webpages as your primary domain is pointing to, i.e. multiple domains, same website.
primarydomain.com/index.htm and parkeddomain.com/index.htm will point to the same webpage "index.htm".
Update the Name Servers
To setup a parked domain, first set the nameserver for the domain you wish to park to :
- primary nameserver : ns1.BlueHost.com
- secondary nameserver : ns2.BlueHost.com
Assigning the Domain Name
- Login to your Bluehost cPanel
- Click the Domain Manager tab.
- Under Shortcuts click the link "Assign a domain to your cPanel account"
- Choose if you will assign a domain name already associated with your account, or assign a new domain name to your account.
- Verify ownership of the domain name, there are three ways this can be done:
- Name Servers: Update your Name Servers to ns1.bluehost and ns2.bluehost
- Create HTML Page: Create an HTML page on your existing host containing the text provided.
- EPP Code: This will not transfer your domain name, but use the EPP code to verify ownership.
- Choose Parked Domain
- Addon Domain: An Addon domain name will function as its own separate domain name or website.
- Parked Domain: A Parked domain name will load the same the site located in your public_html, your main domain name.
Recommended Help Content
Assigning an Addon or Parked domain
How do I setup an addon domain or parked domain in my hosting account? (updated 299 days ago)
Parked Domain Definition
What are parked domains? (updated 1083 days ago)
Newly Parked Domain is Not Functioning
I have already parked the domain, but it does not seem to be functioning, what is wrong? (updated 66 days ago)
Related Help Content
Parked Domains vs. Addon Domains
What is the difference between parked domains and addon domains? (updated 1079 days ago)
Unable to Assign Domain via Domain Manager
I tried to assign a domain through the Domain Manager, but it does not allow me to. What is wrong? (updated 11 days ago)
Un-assign a domain name
How do I unassign or remove a domain from my account? (updated 664 days ago)
Email Account Setup for Addon/Parked Domains
Can I setup an email account for Addon or Parked domains? (updated 1082 days ago)
Enable site statistics for my website
I would like to view the statistics for my website. (updated 1080 days ago)
Where to Upload Files for an Addon Domain
I have setup a pointed/addon domain, where should I upload the files for this domain? (updated 1082 days ago)
How to Setup Multiple Domains Pointing to the Same Directory
Can I have multiple domains pointing to my site or to a directory on my site? (updated 6 hours ago)
Domain Registry Transfer to Another Person
I have sold, or transfered ownership of my domain, how do i give the domain to the new owner? (updated 80 days ago)