Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Parked Domain Definition
Parked domains are basically an alias domain name to your primary domain, it will be pointing to the same webpages as your primary domain is pointing to, i.e. multiple domains, same website.
primarydomain.com/index.htm and parkeddomain.com/index.htm will point to the same webpage "index.htm".
Domain Registraion vs Hosting
- Choose if you will assign a domain name already associated with your account, or assign a new domain name to your account.
- Verify ownership of the domain name, there are three ways this can be done:
- Name Servers: Update your Name Servers to ns1.bluehost and ns2.bluehost
- Create HTML Page: Create an HTML page on your existing host containing the text provided.
- EPP Code: This will not transfer your domain name, but use the EPP code to verify ownership.
- Choose Parked Domain
- Addon Domain: An Addon domain name will function as its own separate domain name or website.
- Parked Domain: A Parked domain name will load the same the site located in your public_html, your main domain name.
- Click the "Add Domain" button at the bottom of the page to assign the domain.
- Once complete you should see the domain is listed in the Domain Manager tab.
Recommended Help Content
Parked Domains vs. Addon Domains
What is the difference between parked domains and addon domains? (updated 1008 days ago)
Assigning an Addon or Parked domain
How do I setup an addon domain or parked domain in my hosting account? (updated 226 days ago)
Assigning a Parked Domain
How do I setup parked domain? (updated 1011 days ago)
Related Help Content
Newly Parked Domain is Not Functioning
I have already parked the domain, but it does not seem to be functioning, what is wrong? (updated 2007 days ago)
Un-assign a domain name
How do I unassign or remove a domain from my account? (updated 593 days ago)
How to Setup Multiple Domains Pointing to the Same Directory
Can I have multiple domains pointing to my site or to a directory on my site? (updated 330 days ago)
Creating Sub Domains on an Add-on Domain
Can I make subdomains for my addon domains on the account? (updated 1008 days ago)
Email Account Setup for Addon/Parked Domains
Can I setup an email account for Addon or Parked domains? (updated 1011 days ago)
Unable to Assign Domain via Domain Manager
I tried to assign a domain through the Domain Manager, but it does not allow me to. What is wrong? (updated 41 days ago)
Domain Privacy for .us Domains
The WHOIS database shows my personal information for my .us domain names. How do I get privacy for the .us domain? (updated 45 days ago)
How to obtain a Transfer Authorization ( EPP ) Code
Getting Started Wizard How to obtain a Transfer Authorization ( EPP ) Code If you want to transfer your .com, .net, .biz, .us, .org or .info domain, you will need to contact your current registrar an (updated 994 days ago)