Bluehost Web Hosting Help
How to Add a New Hosting Account
In November 2014 Bluehost announced that it will no longer be accepting new shared Reseller hosting signups. As part of that announcement, Bluehost announced a partnership with ResellerClub wherein Bluehost is recommending ResellerClub as the hosting partner of choice for Reseller hosting.
To learn more about this change please see: Reseller Hosting Services FAQ
Creating a New Package
Log in to your Bluehost Control Panel.
Click the "Create New Package" icon.
This is where you will enter basic information for your customers
- Domain: This is where you enter the domain name you wish to use for your customer, if the domain is available for purchase, you can register it here.
- Username: This will be pre-filled, you can not change it. The username of the resold account has to meet our username guide lines and will be based on the domain name.
- Password: It is very important to use a unique, secure password when you create a cPanel account. The password should never contain the cPanel username in it. Never use your WHM password as the password for your customer's cPanel (not even as a default or temporary solution); doing so is a security risk. It is recommended to use the password generation tool. When you click on "Generate Password", a pop up box will appear that will allow you to choose what types of characters and how long the automatically generated password will be.
- Re-type Password: Please type the password again to make sure the passwords match
- Email: Enter in the contact email address for your customer. The email address is used by the WHM for automatic notification of issues with the account.
- Package: From this drop down you can select the package you want, we have 3 pre-made packages for you to use, or if you have you own package you have created, you can select it from here as well. You can also select options manually for the account, we recommend however to assign a package to the new account.
- Dedicated IP: If you want to give your customer a dedicated IP address you can do it here, you can also add a dedicated IP address to an account at any time.
- SSL: If you want your customer to have an SSL you can set it up now
You must have dedicated IP address assigned to the account before you can set up an SSL
- DNS: The DNS option here can be left unchecked, as the domain will not be active until the name servers are pointed to us. This setting has a check labeled, "Use the nameservers specified at the Domain's Registrar. ( Ignore locally specified nameservers. )" This field is to specify if the domain should use it's own private nameservers or if it should use the locally configured shared nameservers. If you have specified private nameservers for the domain of this new cPanel account and these private nameservers have already been configured at the registrar, check this option so that the WHM will set the DNS for the private nameservers in the zone correctly. Otherwise, leave this box unchecked to use the default nameservers configured in the server configuration.
Once you have all the information needed to create the account, click the "Create Account" button to complete the process. The account creation process should take about 5 minutes to complete.
Recommended Help Content
Reseller - Add a package
How to create a package on your Reseller account. (updated 157 days ago)
Suspending / Unsuspending a Resold account
How to suspend or unsuspend a resold account using WHM (updated 156 days ago)
Force a password change for a Resold account
How to force a resold account's owner to update their password (updated 157 days ago)
Related Help Content
SSH/Shell access for Resold account(s)?
How to enable/turn on SSH access for Resold accounts (updated 157 days ago)
Changing the Password for a Resold Account
How to change the password for a Resold account. (updated 156 days ago)
Terminate a resold account in WHM
How to terminate a resold account using WHM (updated 157 days ago)
Automatic Account Creation using ClientExec
How to automatically create accounts using ClientExec (updated 157 days ago)
Where to Log In to Your Reseller Account
Explanation as to where a reseller and their customers will login to access their sites (updated 157 days ago)
Unsuspending a resold account
How to unsuspend a resold account using WHM (updated 156 days ago)
VPS or Dedicated Hosting - Reseller Account Transfers
To help with transferring of accounts from other servers to your account. (updated 676 days ago)
Upgrading or Downgrading Features on a resold account
How to upgrade or downgrade a resold acccount (updated 156 days ago)