Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Restoring File or Folders with Site Backup & Restore tool
To restore your files and folders you can use the Site Backup and Restore tool. This tool is located within the Files category of your cPanel.
Restoring Files or Folders
Warning: Restoring files or databases from a backup will overwrite the files or databases currently on your account.
- After logging into your account go to the cPanel. Click hosting at the top, then click cpanel beneath the hosting link.
- On the cPanel scroll to the File Management group of icons.
- Click on the Site Backup Pro icon.
- Choose browse next to the type of restore you want to do. The following are your options:
- Website Files: This will allow you to restore files within your public_html folder. This is usually where your website resides.
- Home Directory: This will allow you to restore files in your home directory. These are files anywhere in your account.
- Email Messages: This will restore only files related to email.
- MySQL: This will allow you to restore MySQL databases on your account.
- On the right side, near the top, will be a drop down of the backup dates available. Choose the date you wish to restore from.
- Choose the files, folders or databases you would like to restore.
- Click the restore link.
- You will get a popup asking you to confirm that you want to overwrite the data on your account. Click Ok to confirm you want to do the restore.
Your backup will begin running. When completed you will see a message on the screen.
Recommended Help Content
Backup and Restore File or Folders with Site Backup Pro tool
How to backup individual files or folders with the Site Backup Pro tool
Restoring Email Messages using the Site Backup Pro
How to restore Email Messages the Site Backup Pro tool
Restore MySQL databases using the Site Backup & Restore tool
How to restore MySQL databases using the Site Backup & Restore tool
Related Help Content
Backup all MySQL databases using the Site Backup & Restore tool
How to backup all of your MySQL databases using the Site Backup & Restore tool
Managing Backups with Site Backup Pro
ow to manage your backups using Site Backup and Restore
Backup or Restore WordPress Using WordPress Tools
This article will explain how to use WordPress Tools to backup or restore your WordPress site
Backup Restore from previous host to Bluehost
How do I restore my old hosting provider backup onto Bluehost?
Intro to FTP
There are many ways that you can transfer files and folder to and from your hosting account. We highly recommend using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program to quickly upload and download files. We
Automatic Backup Frequency
How often do you backup my site? When do automated backups take place?
Bluehost Account Backup Policy
What is the Bluehost backup policy? What kinds of backups are available?
Pushing Website from old host to BlueHost.com
How to Transfer hosted files from old host to BlueHost.com via ssh. Your old host must have SSH access to perform this move. Using SSH to transfer files to Bluehost