Bluehost Web Hosting Help
How to Setup Multiple Domains Pointing to the Same Directory
It is possible to have multiple domains point to the same site or to a directory on your site. To do this simply assign both Addon Domains to the same directory (folder).
Primary, Addon and Parked Domains
The primary domain on your account will always be pointed directly to the public_html directory. As you assign additional domains to your account, you can assign them as either addon or parked domains.
An addon domain allows you to specify a directory inside of public_html which the domain will point to. A parked domain will point directly to public_html the same way your primary domain does. For a more detailed description of addon and parked domains, please see Parked Domains vs. Addon Domains
When assigning a domain as an addon domain, you are allowed to use the same directory as another addon domain. This will result in both addon domains pointing to the same folder and website content.
Assigning Two Domains To One Folder
- Login to your Bluehost Control Panel
- Click the Domain Manager tab.
- Under Shortcuts click the link "Assign a domain to your cPanel account"
- Choose if you will assign a domain name already associated with your account, or assign a new domain name to your account.
- Verify ownership of the domain name, there are three ways this can be done:
- Name Servers: Update your Name Servers to ns1.BlueHost.com and ns2.BlueHost.com
- Create HTML Page: Create an HTML page on your existing host containing the text provided.
- EPP Code: This will not transfer your domain name, but use the EPP code to verify ownership.
- Choose an Addon Directory
- Choose a Subdomain
This subdomain is required for cPanel. You will still be able to access your domain name directly.
- Click the "Add Domain" button at the bottom of the page to assign the domain.
- Once complete you should see the domain is listed in the domain manager tab.
Recommended Help Content
Restrict Access to Addon Domains through the Main Domain
I do not want to see addon.maindomain.com. How do I do that? (updated 1162 days ago)
Un-assign a domain name
How do I unassign or remove a domain from my account? (updated 754 days ago)
Creating Sub Domains on an Add-on Domain
Can I make subdomains for my addon domains on the account? (updated 1169 days ago)
Related Help Content
Transferring Domain to another Registrar
What steps are necessary if I decide to transfer a domain to another registrar? (updated 1060 days ago)
How to host the Primary Domain from a subfolder (.htaccess)
How do I make a sub directory (or sub folder) act as the public_html for your main domain? (updated 11 days ago)
Parked Domain Definition
What are parked domains? (updated 1172 days ago)
Domain Privacy for .us Domains
The WHOIS database shows my personal information for my .us domain names. How do I get privacy for the .us domain? (updated 206 days ago)
VPS or Dedicated Hosting - Using Multiple cPanel Accounts To Set Custom Nameservers
How to setup name servers for multiple cPanel accounts. (updated 82 days ago)
Enable site statistics for my website
I would like to view the statistics for my website. (updated 1169 days ago)
Assigning a Parked Domain
How do I setup parked domain? (updated 1171 days ago)
How to obtain a Transfer Authorization ( EPP ) Code
Getting Started Wizard How to obtain a Transfer Authorization ( EPP ) Code If you want to transfer your .com, .net, .biz, .us, .org or .info domain, you will need to contact your current registrar an (updated 1155 days ago)