Bluehost Web Hosting Help
How to Setup Multiple Domains Pointing to the Same Directory
It is possible to have multiple domains point to the same site or to a directory on your site. To do this simply assign both Addon Domains to the same directory (folder).
Primary, Addon and Parked Domains
The primary domain on your account will always be pointed directly to the public_html directory. As you assign additional domains to your account, you can assign them as either addon or parked domains.
An addon domain allows you to specify a directory inside of public_html which the domain will point to. A parked domain will point directly to public_html the same way your primary domain does. For a more detailed description of addon and parked domains, please see Parked Domains vs. Addon Domains
When assigning a domain as an addon domain, you are allowed to use the same directory as another addon domain. This will result in both addon domains pointing to the same folder and website content.
Assigning Two Domains To One Folder
- Login to your Bluehost Control Panel
- Click the Domain Manager tab.
- Under Shortcuts click the link Assign a domain to your cPanel account
- Choose if you will assign a domain name already associated with your account, or assign a new domain name to your account.
- Verify ownership of the domain name, there are three ways this can be done:
- Name Servers: Update your Name Servers to ns1.Bluehost.com and ns2.Bluehost.com
- Create HTML Page: Create an HTML page on your existing host containing the text provided.
- EPP Code: This will not transfer your domain name, but use the EPP code to verify ownership.
- Choose an Addon Directory
- Choose a Subdomain
This subdomain is required for cPanel. You will still be able to access your domain name directly.
- Click the Add Domain button at the bottom of the page to assign the domain.
- Once complete you should see the domain is listed in the domain manager tab.
Recommended Help Content
Restrict Access to Addon Domains through the Main Domain
I do not want to see addon.maindomain.com. How do I do that?
Unassign a Domain
This article will explain how to un-assign a domain name from your account.
About Domain Names
You need two things to have a successful website and professional email: a domain registration and a hosting account.
Related Help Content
How to host the Primary Domain from a subfolder htaccess
How do I make a sub directory (or sub folder) act as the public_html for your main domain?
Parked Domain Definition
What are parked domains?
VPS or Dedicated Hosting - Using Multiple cPanel Accounts To Set Custom Nameservers
How to setup name servers for multiple cPanel accounts.
Enable site statistics for my website
I would like to view the statistics for my website.
Domain Privacy for .us Domains
The WHOIS database shows my personal information for my .us domain names. How do I get privacy for the .us domain?
Domain Transfer Troubleshooting
There are multiple reasons why a domain transfer may fail. This article explains several reasons why your transfer may be unsuccessful and what you can do to fix it.
How to Assign a Domain
How do I setup an addon domain or parked domain in my hosting account?
How to obtain a Transfer Authorization ( EPP ) Code
Getting Started Wizard How to obtain a Transfer Authorization ( EPP ) Code If you want to transfer your .com, .net, .biz, .us, .org or .info domain, you will need to contact your current registrar an