Bluehost Web Hosting Help
FTP Setup Dreamweaver CS5
Connecting and uploading via FTP with Dreamweaver CS5
Configuring FTP for Dreamweaver (Version CS5)
The message “Dreamweaver connected to your Web server successfully” indicates that you successfully connected to the FTP server.
- Open Dreamweaver CS5. Click on Site and choose New Site.
- For site name, enter a phrase that describes your site.
- Click Servers from the left hand side.
- Click the + button to add a server.
- Enter a server name.
- Connect using FTP Then enter your FTP Host which is your domain name (example: mysite.com) or the IP address of your server.
- Host or Root Directory should be public_html if this is your main site with us.
- Enter your login name and password. The login name will be the character username you received in your sign up confirmation email, if you do not know it please log into the cPanel from www.BlueHost.com and go into FTP accounts, it is the 8 character one, the password is the same password you set up when you created your account.
- Click more options.
- Click use passive FTP.
- Save this information and try to connect.
To continue troubleshooting, proceed to the section, “Verify login credentials.” If you were unable to log in to your FTP server please check your firewall and make the needed changes in order to allow ftp traffic. (Port 20 and 21)
To check your ports Bluehost has provided this tool at this Link.
Note: Bluehost does support SFTP.
Recommended Help Content
FTP Setup using Dreamweaver MX 2004
How do I connect and upload via FTP with Dreamweaver MX 2004? (updated 1149 days ago)
FTP Setup using Dreamweaver MX
How do I connect and upload via FTP with Dreamweaver MX? (updated 1656 days ago)
FTP Setup Using Filezilla
I would like to use FileZilla how do I go about the setting it up and connecting to my site? (updated 191 days ago)
Related Help Content
FTP - Uploading the website
How do I upload my web site? (updated 64 days ago)
FTP Setup Using Dreamweaver 8
How do I setup Dreamweaver 8 for FTP? (updated 669 days ago)
FTP Setup Using CuteFTP Home Version 8.2
How do I setup CuteFTP 8.2 for FTP? (updated 669 days ago)
Connecting to your MySQL DB from Dreamweaver
How can I connect to our MySQL database from Dreamweaver? (updated 666 days ago)
Create an FTP Account
How do I create a FTP account, and quickly set it up in my client? (updated 804 days ago)
FrontPage and Uploading via FTP
Can I FTP to My Account if I Have Front Page? (updated 882 days ago)
Publishing with DreamWeaver CS5
Learn how to publish the website you have created with Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 (updated 666 days ago)
FTP Setup using WS_FTP
How do I connect and upload via FTP with WS_FTP? (updated 1644 days ago)