Bluehost Web Hosting Help
SSL Installation of Self-Signed Certificate
Before you can use a Private SSL Self-Signed Certificate with your Bluehost hosted domain, we require your account to have a dedicated IP address. You can add a dedicated IP address to your hosting service from the Addons section of your Control Panel.
- Accessing the SSL/TLS Manager tool
- Generate a Private Keys (KEY)
- Generate a Certificate Signing Requests (CSR)
- Add your Certificate (CRT)
- Log into your Bluehost cPanel
- Open the TLS/SSL Manager tool, located in the Security section of the cPanel.
- Click on Generate, view, upload, or delete your private keys
- Under the Generate a New Key section, select the desired domain from the drop-down list and select Key Size 2048 or 1024
- Press the Generate button
- Your private key will be displayed. Click Return to SSL Manager
- Back in the SSL Manager page, click Generate, view, or delete SSL certificate signing requests.
- Host: Choose your Main Domain Name
- Country: Enter the 2 digit code for the country in which you reside.
- State: Enter your State or Locality (Do not abbreviate).
- City: Enter the City (Do not abbreviate).
- Company: Enter your Company Name.
- Company Division: (Optional) You may use this to distinguish between departments.
- Email: Enter the address the certificate should be sent to.
- Pass Phrase: Enter a phrase to use for the passphrase (password).
- Press the Generate button.
- If you have entered valid information, you will be shown your CSR. (if it looks blank, click back and correct any information)
- Return to the SSL manager and click Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificates
- Either paste your SSL Cert in the box or click the Upload button to upload the crt file.
- Click the Generate button.
- Contact us via Phone or Live Chat to request your KEY and CRT be installed on the server.
Recommended Help Content
SSL Installation of 3rd Party Certificate
I need to have an SSL 3rd Party Certificate installed for my domain.
Purchasing or Renewing SSL certificates
How to renew an existing SSL certificate--or purchase a new one, within your cPanel
How to Download your SSL Certificate
This article explains how to download a copy of your SSL certificate.
Related Help Content
Comodo Positive SSL Certificate Seal
Where do I get a copy of the site seal for my SSL I purchased through Bluehost?
How to activate a free WordPress SSL
Bluehost now provides free free SSL certificates for all WordPress sites. This article describes how to activate the free SSL for a WordPress site.
SSL Certificate Information
General Information about SSL Certificates
Manage Service SSL Certificates
How to add a new SSL certificate for your different WM services.
VPS Dedicated Installing SSL
To help with installing an SSL certificate for an account on a dedicated server through the WHM
Wildcard SSL Certificates
How to use a WildCard SSL Certificate
SSL/TLS Certificates and Addon Domains
SSL/TLS Certificates and Addon Domains.
Installing the WildCard SSL on a Reseller account
How to install the provided WildCard SSL on a reseller account