Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Access Awstats without logging into cPanel
Allowing access to Awstats without requiring a cPanel login
Note: Please password protect the /cgi-bin folder so that only authorized users can access it (found under cPanel -> Security -> Password Protect Directories).
- Download Awstats: http://awstats.sourceforge.net
- Extract the contents of the file to your computer.
- Use an FTP client to upload the contents of the /cgi-bin and /icon folders into the root of your domain (both are located in the "wwwroot" folder).
- Change the permissions of the awredir.pl and awstats.pl files to 755 (in the /cgi-bin directory).
- Download the Awstats configuration file created by cPanel: /tmp/awstats/awstats.yourdomain.com.conf.
- Open this file with a text editor, search for the "DirIcons" line, and change it to show: DirIcons="/icon/".
- Upload the modified file to the /cgi-bin folder.
- You may now access your statistics at http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/awstats.pl?config=yourdomain.com
Bluehost Suggests creating a subdomain such as stats.yourdomain.com and redirecting it to the above URL to make it easy to access, its also possible to alter the directory name where the icons are loaded, but make sure the folder path is defined properly in the .conf file or the icons will not work properly.
Recommended Help Content
How do I Access My Account Control Panel? (updated 63 days ago)
How do I log into cPanel securely?
How do I log into cPanel securely? (updated 2099 days ago)
Enabling Awstats and Webalizer
To enable Awstats and Webalizer scroll down to the Logs section of the cPanel Click on the Choose Log Programs icon Click on the checkboxes for awstats and webalizer for the domain for which you wish (updated 582 days ago)
Related Help Content
How to Log In to the Control Panel
This article will explain how to log in to your Account Control Panel (updated 903 days ago)
VPS or Dedicated Hosting - Manage Login SSL Certificates
How to manage the SSL used for cPanel login through the WHM (updated 694 days ago)
Add Update Button to AwStats
How to enable the function to manually update AwStats (updated 1018 days ago)
How to log into WordPress.
This article will show you how to access your WordPress site. (updated 79 days ago)
Importing AWStats from a Previous Host
How can I import awstats from my previous host? (updated 1076 days ago)
To view your stats, scroll down to the Logs section of the cPanel Here are different programs that can be used to view your stats. We most recommend awstats When you select your stats program, you ma (updated 1062 days ago)
How to login to Webmail
We provide several programs to be able to check your email online. cPanel Mail section where Email Accounts icon is located Navigate to the Mail section inside cPanel. Click the Email Accounts icon. (updated 75 days ago)
Where to Log In to Your Reseller Account
Explanation as to where a reseller and their customers will login to access their sites (updated 223 days ago)