Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Domain Dispute Policy
As the registrar, we will assist in the following domain dispute, providing the specific criteria is met.
- The domain has been moved without the domain owner's consent by means of the password or EPP code for the domain.
- The domain has been moved with the domain owner's consent by means of the password or EPP code for the domain.
Please note: In the case where two or more individuals have the password and/or the EPP code for the domain, we will first move the domain back to the originating account (typically the account the domain was on before the dispute), and then proceed to gather evidence on who should be awarded the domain.
- The domain has been moved without the domain owner's consent by means of the password or EPP code for the domain
- The domain has been moved with the domain owner's consent by means of the password or EPP code for the domain
The domain has been moved without the domain owner's consent by means of the password or EPP code for the domain.
- The complainant may obtain access to the domain by providing the password over the original account or the EPP code over the domain. In this case we will move the domain back to the original account.
- Other means whereby a complainant may obtain access to the domain is to provide proof of ownership of the domain through the whois, if the whois displays their contact information we will need proof of this contact information by faxing or emailing proof of the address. (i.e. Driver's license, government identification, or passport. It must match the domain whois/contact information.)
The domain has been moved with the domain owner's consent by means of the password or EPP code for the domain.
- The complainant may obtain access to the domain by providing proof of ownership of the domain through the password over the account the domain is still on or the last 4 digits of the credit card used for the most recent purchase of the domain. If the WHOIS displays the customer's contact information, this can be proven by faxing or emailing proof of the address (i.e. Driver's license, business license, or passport if such contain the owners name as well as the address which is listed in the WHOIS).
- If this proof is not able to be obtained, the complainant will have to go through the means of legal recourse having legitimately lost property in a way which will only be able to be proven through such means. The domains which are eligible for domain disputes are those which are described in the UDRP (concerning trademark issues) as established by ICANN.
For full information concerning the UDRP policy as established by ICANN please refer to the following link:
See the following link for information on how to file a dispute or response:
Recommended Help Content
Transfer Domain Ownership
In December 2016, ICANN implemented a few amendments to their Transfer Policy. In addition to regulating inter-registrar transfers for general top-level domains (gTLDs), the updated policy sets new requirements for domain tr
EPP Auth Code
I need an EPP authorization code to transfer my domain to another registrar.
How to obtain a Transfer Authorization ( EPP ) Code
Getting Started Wizard How to obtain a Transfer Authorization ( EPP ) Code If you want to transfer your .com, .net, .biz, .us, .org or .info domain, you will need to contact your current registrar an
Related Help Content
How To Transfer Domain Name To A New Registrar
This article explains how to prepare your domain to be transferred from Bluehost to a new registrar. You'll initiate the transfer itself with the gaining registrar, but there are a few things you can do to ensure the process goes smoothly.
Registration Transfer Step 2/4
I am trying to transfer a domain(s) from my current registrar to bluehost. When I fill out the transfer form I cannot get beyond step 2/4. There does not seem to be any "submit" or "next"
Domain WHOIS Update and Verification
Per ICANN, your contact information is included on the domain's record in the WHOIS database required information includes your full name, postal address, email address, and voice telephone number
MySQL Database Access Outside of cPanel
How do I grant permissions to cPanel for my MySQL database administrator without giving them the domain password?
My EPP code never arrived in my email.
What might be the reasons you haven't received the EPP Code
How To Transfer Domain Name To Bluehost
Maintaining your domain registration and hosting services within the same account allows you to manage both services with only one login password, making it easier for you to stay on top of everything related to your website. This article explains the process to transfer your domain to [% provinfo.n
Force a password change for a Resold account
How to force a resold account's owner to update their password
How to Update WHOIS for Your Domain
How to update contact details for WHOIS database