Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Domain Dispute Policy
As the registrar, we will assist in the following domain dispute, providing the specific criteria is met.
- The domain has been moved without the domain owner's consent by means of the password or EPP code for the domain.
- The domain has been moved with the domain owner's consent by means of the password or EPP code for the domain.
Please note: In the case where two or more individuals have the password and/or the EPP code for the domain, we will first move the domain back to the originating account (typically the account the domain was on before the dispute), and then proceed to gather evidence on who should be awarded the domain.
- The domain has been moved without the domain owner's consent by means of the password or EPP code for the domain
- The domain has been moved with the domain owner's consent by means of the password or EPP code for the domain
The domain has been moved without the domain owner's consent by means of the password or EPP code for the domain.
- The complainant may obtain access to the domain by providing the password over the original account or the EPP code over the domain. In this case we will move the domain back to the original account.
- Other means whereby a complainant may obtain access to the domain is to provide proof of ownership of the domain through the whois, if the whois displays their contact information we will need proof of this contact information by faxing proof of the address. (i.e. Driver's license, government identification, or passport. It must match the domain whois/contact information.)
The domain has been moved with the domain owner's consent by means of the password or EPP code for the domain.
- The complainant may obtain access to the domain by providing proof of ownership of the domain through the password over the account the domain is still on or the last 4 digits of the credit card used for the most recent purchase of the domain. If the WHOIS displays the customer's contact information, this can be proven by faxing proof of the address (i.e. Driver's license, business license, or passport if such contain the owners name as well as the address which is listed in the WHOIS).
- If this proof is not able to be obtained, the complainant will have to go through the means of legal recourse having legitimately lost property in a way which will only be able to be proven through such means. The domains which are eligible for domain disputes are those which are described in the UDRP (concerning trademark issues) as established by ICANN.
- There are currently 2 ICANN approved arbitration companies: The National Arbitration Forum and WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center
For full information concerning the UDRP policy as established by ICANN please refer to the following link:
See the following link for information on how to file a dispute or response:
Recommended Help Content
Domain Registry Transfer to Another Person
I have sold, or transfered ownership of my domain, how do i give the domain to the new owner? (updated 104 days ago)
EPP (Auth) Code
I need an EPP authorization code to transfer my domain to another registrar. (updated 1103 days ago)
Transferring Domain to another Registrar
What steps are necessary if I decide to transfer a domain to another registrar? (updated 994 days ago)
Related Help Content
Registration Transfer Step 2/4
I am trying to transfer a domain(s) from my current registrar to bluehost. When I fill out the transfer form I cannot get beyond step 2/4. There does not seem to be any "submit" or "next" (updated 2130 days ago)
How to obtain a Transfer Authorization ( EPP ) Code
Getting Started Wizard How to obtain a Transfer Authorization ( EPP ) Code If you want to transfer your .com, .net, .biz, .us, .org or .info domain, you will need to contact your current registrar an (updated 1089 days ago)
.FR Registrar Cannot Point Nameservers to Bluehost
Why am I unable to point the nameservers for my .FR domain to Bluehost? (updated 1091 days ago)
MySQL Database Access Outside of cPanel
How do I grant permissions to cPanel for my MySQL database administrator without giving them the domain password? (updated 2117 days ago)
My EPP code never arrived in my email.
What might be the reasons you haven't received the EPP Code (updated 587 days ago)
Transferring away from Bluehost
How to transfer a domain name that is registered with us to another registrar. (updated 51 days ago)
Force a password change for a Resold account
How to force a resold account's owner to update their password (updated 251 days ago)
Domain Registry Transfer to Bluehost
What if I do not want to or cannot transfer my registration to Bluehost? (updated 1317 days ago)