Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Process Manager Overview
The Process Manager allows you to view and manage a list of your websites current running processes.Note: Bluehost is a shared webhost. Because you share the server processor time with your neighbors, Bluehost limits the number of total processes you can run on the server at one time. Legacy users are allowed to run 20 concurrent processes, while Rock users will have the ability to run 25 concurrent processes. If you attempt to run more than your plan's allowed concurrent processes, your website may not display properly.
The Process Manager tool is only available in Legacy accounts. Rock users will not see a Process Manager tool.
To use your Process Manager:
- Log in to your Bluehost cPanel account.
- Under the cPanel find the Advanced menu.
- Click on the Process Manager icon.
- This will take you to your Process Manager Menu. If you do not have any processes running, you will not see information in the box.
- If the menu (Process ID, Process Name, Running Since, and Action) displays a list of of around 20 processes that are running then you most likely have several stalled processes that are no longer functioning properly.
- Examine the processes list closely before beginning to kill the processes. You will want to make sure they are not vital processes that if killed could cause additional harm to your system.
- The most common reason for processes stalling comes from php files. Often times these php files are several days old and failed to execute. If you wish to kill these processes:
- Kill Process: This option should kill your processes automatically. If you attempt the Kill Process command and it fails, you can also try Force Kill Process.
- Note: Use the Force Kill Process option with EXTREME CAUTION as this tool can cause serious damage to vital processes.
- Example: If there are MySQL processes running and the normal Kill Process failed then running the "Force Kill Process" could lead to issues such as database corruption and failure.
Recommended Help Content
Images Not Displaying On Website
Why don't my images display on my site?
Website Pre-Publish Checklist
You have invested a significant amount of time creating and perfecting your website, and you're ready to publish it for the world to see! Are you really though? Use this checklist to ensure your site is ready for publication.
Accessing the File Manager
This article will give a basic overview of the File Manager and explain how to access it.
Related Help Content
FTP - Uploading the website
How do I upload my web site?
Clients in China Are Unable to View My Website
Clients in China are unable to view my website. My website's content doesn't contain any objectionable material.
My Website Is Slow
The website is taking a long time to load. It just seems slower today than normal.
IP Deny Manager Tool
This article will explain how to utilize the IP Deny Manager tool in cPanel.
cPanel Image Manager
How do I view Thumbnails of images in a directory? How do I scale images? How do I convert an image to a jpg, gif, bmp, or png?
Process / Script Times Out After 10 Minutes
My process for my script / program is timing out after 10 minutes.
File Manager - How to Create, Remove, and Edit Files
This article will walk you through creating, removing, and editing files with the file manager.
File Manager - How to Extract Files from an Archive
This article will walk you through extracting compressed files using the File Manager.