Bluehost Web Hosting Help
WordPress: Adding Users
When using WordPress, you may need to give more than one user access to edit your site or blog. You can create multiple users for WordPress and give each user a different role.
Before you create a user, you should understand the types of users that WordPress allows you to create. There are five categories of WordPress users:
- Administrator - This user has access to all of the administrative functions for the WordPress site.
- Editor - This user can publish and manage posts, including posts created by other users.
- Author - This user can manage and publish their own posts, but not those of other users.
- Contributor - This user can write and manage posts, but cannot publish them. They need to be published by a higher user.
- Subscriber - This user can only view the site and manage their own profile.
Now that you understand the types of users, follow these steps in order to create a user.
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard. From the main left menu, choose Users.
- This screen will show you all existing users. Click Add New to create a new one.
- On this page, you will need to enter the information for your new user, such as: username, email, and setting up a password.
- Check the box for “Send this password to the new user by email”. Make sure that you have entered the new user’s email correctly.
- Choose the role that you want to assign to this user.
- Finally, click Add New User.
You will now see your user on the Users page. If you ever need to edit or remove the user, you can do so here.
Recommended Help Content
Logging in and Using WordPress: Preventing Spam
Prevent Spam These steps will help you prevent users and robots from posting Spam on your WordPress blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select Settings in the navigation bar on the left. From the G
WordPress - Install a new Theme
Install Themes These steps will help you install and select a WordPress theme for your blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select the Add New Themes link in the Appearance Menu. You can search for
Logging in and Using WordPress: Installing Plugins
Install Plugins These steps will help you install and select a WordPress plugin for your blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select the Add New link from the Plugins menu. You can search for a plug
Related Help Content
Migrating an Existing WordPress.com Site
If you have a WordPress blog hosted on wordpress.com, you can easily export it and import it to WordPress that is installed on your hosting account with bluehost. Login to the WordPress D
Login to WordPress with WordPress Tools
This article will explain how to login to a WordPress site using WordPress tools.
Change WordPress URL's With WordPress Tools
This article will explain how to change the Site URL or Home URL setting in WordPress. This may be useful if you have moved your WordPress site or are planning to move your WordPress site.
WordPress Creating Editing Removing posts
How to use the Posts feature of the WordPress Dashboard
How to Login to a WordPress Site
This article will explain how to login to a website created with WordPress.
Managing Users on a VPS or Dedicated Server
This article will explain how to create and manage users on Dedicated or VPS servers.
How to install WordPress
Learn how to use WordPress, WordPress started as just a blogging system, but has evolved to be used as full content management system and so much more through the thousands of plugins, widgets, and themes now available.
Core Files Warning In WordPress Tools
This article will explain why you see "Your WordPress site appears to be infected with malware. Please update to remedy this problem."