Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Edit Website Files via the File Manager
You are able to use the File Manager to make changes to many of the files on your account. Please keep in mind that if you are using a dynamic website (Blog, CMS, Shopping Cart, ect) these instructions might not apply.
Finding the file name
For the URL:
The filename would be: page-name.html
Modifying files with the File Manager
- Log in to your Bluehost cPanel account.
- Under the Files and choose File Manager.
- Double click the public_html folder icon in the center section of the screen.
- Select the file for the the page you want to edit. Usually the homepage or default page is index.htm or index.html.
- After you select the file, you can right click on the file and choose Edit or Code Edit, or you can use the icons along the top of the screen to edit the file.
- The file should open in a new tab or window in your browser.
- Once done making your changes, click the Save button, located in the top right hand side of the window.
- It may be necessary to click Reload or Refresh on your browser to see the new version.
Recommended Help Content
FTP - Uploading the website
How do I upload my web site?
Intro to FTP
There are many ways that you can transfer files and folder to and from your hosting account. We highly recommend using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program to quickly upload and download files. We
Process Manager Overview
What is the Process Manager? How do I use the Process Manager? Why can I get to my cPanel but homepage does not display?
Related Help Content
My Website Is Slow
The website is taking a long time to load. It just seems slower today than normal.
Moving website contents to Bluehost
I need to transfer my website from my old host to Bluehost, but I do not know how to do it without losing files or mail.
Publish Using MS Publisher
How do I publish my Web site using Publisher?
Flash files in web pages
How to embed a flash file in a webpage
Backup and Restore with Site Backup Pro
How to restore individual files or folders with the Site Backup & Restore tool
Pushing Website from old host to Bluehost.com
How to Transfer hosted files from old host to Bluehost.com via ssh. Your old host must have SSH access to perform this move. Using SSH to transfer files to Bluehost
PHP pages do not display
If suddenly when you go to your page, you get nothing on the page. You can still get HTML to display, just not PHP. To serve HTML pages to browsers, we don't associate the Apache processes with your 2
File Manager - Uploading Files
This article will walk you through uploading files using the File Manager