Bluehost Web Hosting Help
VPS or Dedicated Hosting - Changing Your PHP Version
On our VPS or Dedicated hosting service, changing the PHP versions, loading custom Apache mods, and other Apache/PHP customizations are all performed in the Web Host Manager (WHM). To make these changes please follow the instructions below:
- Log into WHM (Web Host Manager). Accessing WHM
If you see the "Feature Showcase" scroll to the bottom and click the Exit to WHM button
- In the search field, in the upper left hand corner, search for EasyApache.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Start customizing based on profile.
- On the next page, click Next Step without changing the version of Apache (unless you KNOW you need a different version).
- On the next page, choose your PHP version, then click Next Step.
- If necessary, go through the short and exhaustive options lists to enable any needed Apache mods or PHP extensions. After this is done (or if you don't need to enable these), scroll to the bottom and click Save and Build.
- Confirm this choice. The process will start. It will take about 15 minutes or so to recompile, and then Apache will briefly restart (which will result in several seconds of downtime).
The build process can take about 20 minutes or more. Don't close WHM during this time. After recompiling, Apache will restart with your desired Apache/PHP settings. That takes several seconds.
(Source and more info: http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/EasyApache/WebHome)
Recommended Help Content
This article will explain how to use Easy Apache to recompile Apache. This is useful if you want to change the version of PHP or change other PHP and Apache settings. (updated 104 days ago)
VPS or Dedicated Hosting - Using Multiple cPanel Accounts To Set Custom Nameservers
How to setup name servers for multiple cPanel accounts. (updated 50 days ago)
How to edit PHP Configuration
How to edit PHP Configuration --- VPS or Dedicated (updated 434 days ago)
Related Help Content
PHP Version Selection (PHP Config)
PHP Version Selection (PHP Config)How do I (updated 147 days ago)
Must I restart Apache after changing a htaccess file?
Hard refresh after changing the .htaccess (updated 931 days ago)
VPS or Dedicated Hosting - Installing PHP APC
This tutorial will help you be able to install the PHP PECL package APC. (Alternative PHP Cache) (updated 637 days ago)
In the newer versions of PHP, they have included a new directive to control and handle remote includes. We disable this option, by default, which may affect some of your PHP scripts. (updated 2119 days ago)
What version of PHP are you running? (updated 599 days ago)
Specify a Cron Job to use a Specific php.ini File
Script executed with a cron job requires a specific php.ini file to be used. (updated 940 days ago)
Dedicated Hosting Prices
Prices for Dedicated Hosting and Dedicated related addons (updated 286 days ago)
PHP pages do not display
If suddenly when you go to your page, you get nothing on the page. You can still get HTML to display, just not PHP. To serve HTML pages to browsers, we don't associate the Apache processes with your 2 (updated 2167 days ago)