Bluehost Web Hosting Help
VPS or Dedicated Hosting - Reseller Account Transfers
There are different ways that the WHM helps to transfer accounts to the dedicated server, as easily as possible. Here are the steps for the two most common ways.
Single Account Transfer
To help transfer a single account's content to the dedicated server follow these steps:
- Log in to the WHM.
- Click on Transfers.
- Click on Copy an Account From Another Server with an Account Password. (Does not require root access)
- Then fillout the following fields:
- Click on Copy Account.
Note: if you want to assign the account a dedicated IP then you would check the box next to Give new account an IP address.
Transferring Multiple/single Accounts with Root Access
If you have root access and you need to copy multiple accounts and packages from another server, follow this,
- Log in to WHM.
- Go to the Transfer section.
- Click Copy Multiple Accounts/Packages From Another Server. (Requires root access, the other one doesn't)
- Enter the Remote Server Information.
- Remote Server Type – The web control panel that the remote server is running, usually WHM.
- Remote Server Address – The hostname of the source server that the customer is migrating data from. This can be an IP address or something that resolves to the IP address of their other server.
- Remote SSH port – The remote SSH port you wish to use. By default, SSH runs on port 22.
- Check SSH Connection – Check to test your ability to connect to the remote server.
- Do Not Compress Transfers – Check to leave the transfer uncompressed. Compressing a transfer will use slightly more CPU from the source server, the transmitted data will be smaller and the transmitting time will be faster.
- Use SSL – Check to encrypt the transmitted data.
- Use Incremental Backups speed-up – Check to decrease the amount of time it takes to package the account on the source server. If a daily incremental backup is available, WHM will use that backup as a starting point. The system will then update the package before it is transferred.
- Allow Override – Check to override the usual transfer process in favor of a customized script. The custom script must reside in /var/cpanel/lib/Whostmgr/Pkgacct on the server to which the account will be copied (local machine)
- Enter the Authentication information.
- Login – Select the login method. If you select Root, you will need to enter the root password in the Root Password field below. If you select User, you will need to enter the remote account's username and password.
- Authentication Method – Select the connection method. If you will select Password, and you are a Root user, you will also need to select a Root Escalation Method. If you select Public Key, you may need to enter a SSH Key Password.
- Root Escalation Method – For User login only.
- Root Password – The root password for the account.
- Use FTP to Transfer – To use FTP as the alternative for transfer.
- Click Fetch Account list to display a list of accounts to copy.
- Select an account or accounts to copy. Select packages used by the account you're going to migrate.
- Click Copy.
Recommended Help Content
VPS or Dedicated Hosting - Using Multiple cPanel Accounts To Set Custom Nameservers
How to setup name servers for multiple cPanel accounts. (updated 400 days ago)
Specifying default Name Servers for a reseller account
How to specify the default Name Servers on a reseller account (updated 149 days ago)
Reseller - Add a package
How to create a package on your Reseller account. (updated 149 days ago)
Related Help Content
Assigning A Dedicated IP Address To A Customer
How to assign a dedicated IP addresses for a Reseller's Customer Account. (updated 149 days ago)
How to Transfer a Domain
How to transfer a domain name you have registered to us. (updated 47 days ago)
Transferring away from Bluehost
How to transfer a domain name that is registered with us to another registrar. (updated 943 days ago)
How to Change your Name Servers
Transfer Domain Registration: When a domain registration is transferred to us, we must register the domain name for a minimum of one (1) year. We only accept registrations for the .com, .net, .org, . (updated 4 days ago)
How to create an FTP Account
How to use use the FTP Account tool to create additional FTP Accounts. This is useful for granting FTP access to your account without giving anyone your cPanel password. (updated 40 days ago)
Automatic Account Creation using ClientExec
How to automatically create accounts using ClientExec (updated 149 days ago)
Reseller Hosting Services FAQ
A list of frequently asked questions related to our termination of the Reseller package. (updated 149 days ago)
Useful links for accessing the reseller WHM, cPanel and Webmail (updated 149 days ago)