Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Ping in Windows?
Windows has multiple ways to ping. For XP and older Windows Operating systems use the following method.
- Click on StartSelect Run...
- Type "cmd" or "command" and press OK button.
- You should see the following line: C:Documents and SettingsUser>. Type: "ping yourdomain.com" and press Enter key.
- You should get a result like this:C:Documents and SettingsUser>ping Bluehost.com Pinging Bluehost.com [184.108.40.206] with 32 bytes of data: Reply from 220.127.116.11: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=62 Reply from 18.104.22.168: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=62 Reply from 22.214.171.124: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=62 Reply from 126.96.36.199: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=62 Ping statistics for 188.8.131.52: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 1ms, Average = 0msFor Vista and newer Versions:
The output should be similar to the above output.
- Type "cmd" in the start search bar.
- Hit enter.
- You should see the following line: C:\Users\Matt>. Type: "ping yourdomain.com" and press Enter key.
Note: To run ping command in Mac, Click Here.
Recommended Help Content
Mac: How to Ping
How do I use the Ping command with a Macintosh?
How To Setup Email On Windows 10 Mail
This article will explain how to setup an email account in the Windows 10 mail application.
Email Application Setup - Windows Phone 8
How to setup email on the Windows Phone
Related Help Content
Email Application Setup - Outlook 2016 for Windows
How to setup an email account in Outlook 2016 for Windows
How To Use SSH on Windows PuTTY - Generate Public/Private Key Pair & File
How do I create a Public/Private Key Pair in cPanel for use via SSH?
Email Application Setup - Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail combines the ease of use of Outlook Express, with the speed of Windows Live. This tutorial will show you how to setup your email account in Windows Live Mail.
FTP Client Recommendations
I want to be able to provide an FTP link to my site that does not use Unlimited FTP or Anonymous FTP.
Among the various free FTP programs available to download on the internet for Mac OSX, Windows, or Linux, we recommend Filezilla. It can be downloaded free of charge from http://www.filezilla-project
Email Application Setup - Mozilla Thunderbird
This guide will show step-by-step instructions for setting up E-mail on Mozilla Thunderbird for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Due to differences in the operating systems, some screens and steps might
2003 for Windows. While it can be used for other versions of Outlook, some screens and steps might vary. Select the 'Tools' menu. Select Accounts. Click on the "Add a new E-mail account" op
Email Application Setup - Outlook 2007 for Windows
How to setup an email account using Microsoft Outlook 2007