Bluehost Web Hosting Help
File Manager - Extracting Files from an Archive
This article is part of our File Manager tutorial series. Please see the links below if you are looking for a different explanation of the File Manager.
- Accessing the File Manager
- Navigating the File Manager
- Uploading Files
- Creating, Removing, and Edtiting Files
- Copying and Moving Files
- Compressing Files into an Archive (GZip)
- Extracting Files from an Archive
A compressed file is a file which contains several other files or folders which have been written in a format that takes up less space. The following instructions will walk you through extracting a compressed file (taking it out of its compressed format) through the File Manager.
Extracting Files from an Archive
- Log into your cPanel.
- Locate the File Manager tool under the "Files" category.
- Navigate to the folder which contains the compressed file you want to extract, and select it.
- With the archive selected, click the Extract icon from the top Toolbar. Alternatively, you can right click on the selected files and click on Extract from the drop down menu as pictured below.
- A dialouge box will appear where you can change the destination of the files to be extracted. Click the Extract File(s) button to complete the process.
Recommended Help Content
File Manager - Copying and Moving Files
This article will walk you through copying and moving files using the File Manager. (updated 913 days ago)
File Manager - Creating, Removing, and Editing Files
This article will walk you through creating, removing, and editing files with the file manager. (updated 914 days ago)
Navigating the File Manager
This article will walk you through navigating the File Manager. (updated 912 days ago)
Related Help Content
File Manager Overview - Accessing the File Manager
This article will give a basic overview of the File Manager and explain how to access it. (updated 913 days ago)
File Manager - Uploading Files
This article will walk you through uploading files using the File Manager (updated 906 days ago)
File Manager - Compressing Files into an Archive (GZip)
This article will explain how to utilize GZip through the file manager. (updated 899 days ago)
Intro to FTP
There are many ways that you can transfer files and folder to and from your hosting account. We highly recommend using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program to quickly upload and download files. We (updated 1103 days ago)
How many files are on my account?
Learn how to see how many files you have on your account using the File Count tool in the cPanel. (updated 660 days ago)
How to use the Legacy File Manager
The Legacy File Manager will allow you to manage almost everything about your files, you can use it to upload, download, edit the code, change permissions and more! (updated 1646 days ago)
IP Deny Manager Tool
This article will explain how to utilize the IP Deny Manager tool in cPanel. (updated 114 days ago)
Process Manager Overview
What is the Process Manager? How do I use the Process Manager? Why can I get to my cPanel but homepage does not display? (updated 93 days ago)