Bluehost Web Hosting Help
File Manager - Copying and Moving Files
This article is part of our File Manager tutorial series. Please see the links below if you are looking for a different explanation of the File Manager.
- Accessing the File Manager
- Navigating the File Manager
- Uploading Files
- Creating, Removing, and Edtiting Files
- Copying and Moving Files
- Compressing Files into an Archive (GZip)
- Extracting Files from an Archive
Copy or Move Files
- Login to cPanel and click File Manager.
- Choose to open Web Root and Show hidden files.
- Locate and select the files or folders you want to copy or move (Hold control to select multiple items or hold shift to select a group of items).
- With the appropriate files and folders selected, click the Copy icon or Move icon from the top menu. Alternatively, you can right-click on the selected files and folders and click on Copy or Move from the drop down menu, as pictured below.
- A popup box will appear confirming the final destination for your files. The default destination path for the copied or moved files to go will be the current folder you are in. Replace this with the appropriate destination path for the files to go.
Recommended Help Content
File Manager - Extracting Files from an Archive
This article will walk you through extracting compressed files using the File Manager. (updated 872 days ago)
File Manager - Creating, Removing, and Editing Files
This article will walk you through creating, removing, and editing files with the file manager. (updated 886 days ago)
File Manager Overview - Accessing the File Manager
This article will give a basic overview of the File Manager and explain how to access it. (updated 885 days ago)
Related Help Content
Navigating the File Manager
This article will walk you through navigating the File Manager. (updated 885 days ago)
File Manager - Uploading Files
This article will walk you through uploading files using the File Manager (updated 879 days ago)
Intro to FTP
There are many ways that you can transfer files and folder to and from your hosting account. We highly recommend using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program to quickly upload and download files. We (updated 1076 days ago)
How many files are on my account?
Learn how to see how many files you have on your account using the File Count tool in the cPanel. (updated 633 days ago)
File Manager - Compressing Files into an Archive (GZip)
This article will explain how to utilize GZip through the file manager. (updated 871 days ago)
How to use the Legacy File Manager
The Legacy File Manager will allow you to manage almost everything about your files, you can use it to upload, download, edit the code, change permissions and more! (updated 1619 days ago)
IP Deny Manager Tool
This article will explain how to utilize the IP Deny Manager tool in cPanel. (updated 87 days ago)
Process Manager Overview
What is the Process Manager? How do I use the Process Manager? Why can I get to my cPanel but homepage does not display? (updated 66 days ago)