Bluehost Web Hosting Help
File Manager - Uploading Files
This article is part of our File Manager tutorial series. Please see the links below if you are looking for a different explanation of the File Manager.
- Accessing the File Manager
- Navigating the File Manager
- Uploading Files
- Creating, Removing, and Edtiting Files
- Copying and Moving Files
- Compressing Files into an Archive (GZip)
- Extracting Files from an Archive
To upload a file through cPanel's File Manager, please do the following:
- Login to cPanel and open the File Manager.
- Choose to open Web Root and Show hidden files.
- Navigate to the folder where you want the upload to be located.
- Click on the Upload icon from the top toolbar
- Click the Browse box (Some web browsers will have a Choose File box instead).
- Locate the file on your computer that you wish to upload.
- Once the file has been selected, it will automatically upload. You may select additional files while uploads are in progress.
Recommended Help Content
File Manager - Extracting Files from an Archive
This article will walk you through extracting compressed files using the File Manager. (updated 775 days ago)
File Manager - Copying and Moving Files
This article will walk you through copying and moving files using the File Manager. (updated 788 days ago)
File Manager - Creating, Removing, and Editing Files
This article will walk you through creating, removing, and editing files with the file manager. (updated 789 days ago)
Related Help Content
Intro to FTP
There are many ways that you can transfer files and folder to and from your hosting account. We highly recommend using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program to quickly upload and download files. We (updated 979 days ago)
Navigating the File Manager
This article will walk you through navigating the File Manager. (updated 787 days ago)
File Manager Overview - Accessing the File Manager
This article will give a basic overview of the File Manager and explain how to access it. (updated 789 days ago)
How many files are on my account?
Learn how to see how many files you have on your account using the File Count tool in the cPanel. (updated 536 days ago)
File Manager - Compressing Files into an Archive (GZip)
This article will explain how to utilize GZip through the file manager. (updated 774 days ago)
How to use the Legacy File Manager
The Legacy File Manager will allow you to manage almost everything about your files, you can use it to upload, download, edit the code, change permissions and more! (updated 1522 days ago)
Process Manager Overview
What is the Process Manager? How do I use the Process Manager? Why can I get to my cPanel but homepage does not display? (updated 1965 days ago)
Setting file and user permissions
Short tutorial on how to set file and user Permissions in cPanel. (updated 982 days ago)