Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Dropping columns from a database table using PhpMyAdmin
Dropping columns from a database table in PhpMyAdmin
- Log in to your Bluehost cPanel account.
- Navigate to the Database Tools section, and select phpMyAdmin.
- Select the database you want to work with (in the left column when you first access phpMyAdmin).
- Select the table you want to work with.
- Place a check mark next to the column(s) you wish to drop (delete permanently).
- Click on the Drop button underneath the list of columns.
- It will ask you if you really want to do this. Review what will be dropped to make sure the correct columns are being deleted. If it is correct, click on the Yes button to drop the columns. Otherwise click No.
A message stating your SQL query was executed successfully will be displayed and your columns will be gone.
Recommended Help Content
Dropping Columns from a Database Table Using PhpMyAdmin
Instructions on deleting tables from your database using phpMyAdmin
Searching a database in PhpMyAdmin
Step by step directions on how you can search your database using phpMyAdmin
Modifying table columns - phpMyAdmin
A step by step guide on how to manipulate data in your mySQL tables using phpMyAdmin
Related Help Content
How to Copy a Database Using PhpMyAdmin
A guide to duplicating a MySQL database using phpMyAdmin
Rename database tables in phpMyAdmin
This article will show you how to rename a database table in phpMyAdmin.
Adding a column to a db table in phpMyAdmin
Instructions on adding a column to your database in phpMyAdmin
Managing Your DB Using phpmyadmin
A repository of information on how you can manage your database by using the phpMyAdmin interface.
How to Create and Delete MySQL Databases and Users
This article will explain MySQL database and user creation and deletion, and explain how to assign a user to a database.
Import a MySQL Database using phpMyAdmin
How do I import a backup of my database (.sql file) using phpMyAdmin?
Running SQL queries in PhpMyAdmin
A guide on performing a standard SQL query using the phpMyAdmin interface
How to Add Tables to a DB in PhpMyAdmin
Guidance on adding tables to your mySQL database in phpMyAdmin