Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Searching through a MySQL database in phpMyAdmin
This tutorial demonstrates how to run searches through databases in phpMyAdmin.
Begin by accessing phpMyAdmin via cPanel .
- Select a database you want to search (by clicking on the database in the left column while on the phpMyAdmin home page).
- Once inside the database, a list of tables appear. Click on the Search tab.
- Once on the search tab, you can type a list of keywords you wish to search for. Each keyword is preferably separated by a comma.
- Select which way you want to search:
- At least one of the word.
- All words.
- The exact phrase.
- As regular expression.
- Select which tables you want to search within. You can select them all, select some of them, or select one. Hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard while clicking, to select more than one table.
- You can also further narrow your results if you know exactly which column you are looking to search.
- Press the Go button.
- It will now display the results based on table.
- Click on Browse next to one of the tables to view the results.
The records matching your search will be displayed on the screen, and you can interact with them in a variety of ways such as copying, editing or deleting.
Recommended Help Content
Dropping columns from a database table in phpMyAdmin
A tutorial on how to perminately delete columns from your mySQL database using phpMyAdmin (updated 950 days ago)
How to drop tables from a database in phpMyAdmin
Instructions on deleting tables from your database using phpMyAdmin (updated 952 days ago)
How to rename a database in phpMyAdmin
Instructions on changing the name of your database using phpMyAdmin (updated 952 days ago)
Related Help Content
Modifying table columns in phpMyAdmin
A step by step guide on how to manipulate data in your mySQL tables using phpMyAdmin (updated 952 days ago)
How to copy a database in phpMyAdmin
A guide to duplicating a MySQL database using phpMyAdmin (updated 952 days ago)
Managing Your Database Using phpMyAdmin
A repository of information on how you can manage your database by using the phpMyAdmin interface. (updated 952 days ago)
How to import a MySQL Database using phpMyAdmin
How do I import a backup of my database (.sql file) using phpMyAdmin? (updated 119 days ago)
Adding a column to a database table in phpMyAdmin
Instructions on adding a column to your database in phpMyAdmin (updated 941 days ago)
How to rename database tables in phpMyAdmin
A guide on renaming the tables inside of your database using phpMyAdmin (updated 134 days ago)
How to add tables to a database in phpMyAdmin
Guidance on adding tables to your mySQL database in phpMyAdmin (updated 951 days ago)
How to run SQL queries in phpMyAdmin
A guide on performing a standard SQL query using the phpMyAdmin interface (updated 952 days ago)