Bluehost Web Hosting Help
How to drop tables from a database in phpMyAdmin
This article will demonstrate how to drop (permanently delete) tables from a database in phpMyAdmin. This will delete the table and everything in it.
Begin by accessing phpMyAdmin via cPanel.
- Select the database you wish to work with (from the list of databases on the left column when on the phpMyAdmin home page).
- A list of tables will appear in the left column and in the wider right column.
- Check the table(s) you wish to drop (permanently delete).
- In the drop down box that initially says "With selected:" select "Drop" from this list.
- It will ask you if you really want to drop the table(s). Check to make sure you selected the tables you really want to delete.
- Click on Yes to drop (delete) the table.
At this point, the table has been dropped from the database, including everything that used to be in it.
Recommended Help Content
Searching through a MySQL database in phpMyAdmin
Step by step directions on how you can search your database using phpMyAdmin (updated 800 days ago)
Dropping columns from a database table in phpMyAdmin
A tutorial on how to perminately delete columns from your mySQL database using phpMyAdmin (updated 798 days ago)
How to rename database tables in phpMyAdmin
A guide on renaming the tables inside of your database using phpMyAdmin (updated 800 days ago)
Related Help Content
How to rename a database in phpMyAdmin
Instructions on changing the name of your database using phpMyAdmin (updated 800 days ago)
How to add tables to a database in phpMyAdmin
Guidance on adding tables to your mySQL database in phpMyAdmin (updated 799 days ago)
Modifying table columns in phpMyAdmin
A step by step guide on how to manipulate data in your mySQL tables using phpMyAdmin (updated 800 days ago)
How to copy a database in phpMyAdmin
A guide to duplicating a MySQL database using phpMyAdmin (updated 800 days ago)
Managing Your Database Using phpMyAdmin
A repository of information on how you can manage your database by using the phpMyAdmin interface. (updated 799 days ago)
How to import a MySQL Database using phpMyAdmin
How do I import a backup of my database (.sql file) using phpMyAdmin? (updated 798 days ago)
Adding a column to a database table in phpMyAdmin
Instructions on adding a column to your database in phpMyAdmin (updated 789 days ago)
MySQL Repair / Optimize Tables in phpMyAdmin
How to repair and optimize your database using phpMyAdmin: (updated 991 days ago)