Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Bluehost uses a maildir system, which means that all email boxes and messages are stored as files in folders on your account.
The following instructions will show how these files and folders can be accessed through cPanel:
- Log into your cPanel, and click on the File Manager icon in the Files section.
- Navigate to the Home Directory (one step up from public_html).
- Open the mail folder.
- Find the folder which is named after the domain of the desired email.
- Inside you will find a folder for each email user of that domain. For example, if looking for the email firstname.lastname@example.org, open the folder example.com and inside you will find a folder webmaster along with any other email accounts for that domain.
- Once at the correct directory, go inside the folder named after the email user which matches the desired email address. Here you will find the new, cur, temp, .Trash, and .Sent folders for this particular email account.
We do not recommend that you change anything in these folders, but this can be very convenient if you want to mass delete a large number of emails or email accounts.
Recommended Help Content
How to access your e-mail with Yahoo! Mail
Learn how to check your email accounts from within Yahoo! Mail. This tutorial will show you how to setup a POP account in Yahoo! Mail. (updated 715 days ago)
File Manager Overview - Accessing the File Manager
This article will give a basic overview of the File Manager and explain how to access it. (updated 979 days ago)
Access Mail Logs on Dedicated or VPS Servers
This article will explain how to view the email logs on a Dedicated or VPS server. This may be usefull if you are experiencing trouble with your email. (updated 139 days ago)
Related Help Content
How to setup e-mail in Eudora Pro
How to Configure Eudora Pro to Access Email? (updated 2170 days ago)
How to Setup Your Email Application
How to create and access your email accounts (updated 182 days ago)
Dada Mail Best Practices
How to batch email in Dada Mail. (updated 1722 days ago)
Email Setup in Windows 10 Mail
This article will explain how to setup an email account in the Windows 10 mail application. (updated 68 days ago)
How to log into Webmail
How to access your email accounts from your web browser. Our webmail applications make a nice alternative to a desktop email client. (updated 171 days ago)
How to access your email with Gmail
Learn how to check your email accounts from within Gmail. This tutorial will show you how to setup a POP account in GMail. (updated 64 days ago)
Using Apple's Mail Application
How to setup an email account using Apple's Mail Application. (updated 985 days ago)
Intro to FTP
There are many ways that you can transfer files and folder to and from your hosting account. We highly recommend using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program to quickly upload and download files. We (updated 1169 days ago)